Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:546 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Full Stack Developer - Ruby on Rails/Ember.js (1-5 yrs)
Are you a talented full stack developer with an obsession to improve the world with technology? Are you looking to join a startup and do work that is globally meaningful and impactful? Then come and join the fast growing startup and help change the global diamond industry!
Our client is a New York City-based startup that has developed a radically different, patent-protected e-market technology to create the first truly liquid global exchange for diamonds - Think Nasdaq for diamonds.
They have developed a patent-protected technology to power a global, liquid market for both wholesale and investment diamonds. They are combining their revolutionary trading technology with deep knowledge and connections within the industry, and providing a full gamut of clearing & settlement services.
The core team consists of people with varied technical backgrounds from reputed educational institutes such as the University of Virginia, UC Irvine and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). They have a solid team, traction and paying customers.
As the Full Stack Developer, you will work closely with the co-founders, lead developer and business development team to create products that are truly useful for the customers and the internal sales team.
What you will do:
- Building and growing an online platform
- Obsessed about customers and helping people use the platform
- Designing and developing rich application that combines consumer-grade usability and design sensibility with enterprise-grade performance, scalability, and reliability
- Having an eye for the broader strategic aspects and trends
- Taking ownership for a task or an area of responsibility and driving to completion, on time and to high quality
- Maintaining quality and ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Thinking strategically, but with a bias towards getting things done without over thinking it
- Having structured, focused thinking, and able to keep to task lists and time lines
Candidate Profile :
- IIT/NIT Graduates Preferred
- 1-5 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Hands on experience with using libraries such as RSpec, Beanstalkd, Faye and background processing.
- Have a background in functional composition of web pages using HTML / CSS, and turning a wireframe design into a
well-formatted, user-friendly responsive web page
- Follow best practices like test-driven development, continuous integration, Agile methodology, refactoring and code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Good knowledge of schema less databases such as Elastic search, redis as well as Relational Databases such as
- Excellent problem solving skills and bringing in new, innovative ideas to the table to make the platform more
- Hands-on experience on deployment and maintenance of server (knowledge about AWS and performance monitoring tools like NewRelic / CloudWatch will be a great plus)
- Should be committed to the job and the growth opportunity in a startup
- Should enjoy working as part of a team
- Should be proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
- Should communicate fluently and effectively in English, internally and with external partners
Experience: 1 to 5 years
Annual CTC: Rupees 10,00,000 to 18,00,000