About the company :
Their mission is to make data-driven understanding of disease, the default starting point in the drug discovery process. Their products & services further the understanding of the ways in which diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This understanding helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter by 10x in the next 7 yrs. Their platform will enable scientists to process different kinds of biological data and generate insights from them to accelerate drug discovery. it is already being used at premier bio-pharma companies like Pfizer and Agios; and academic labs at Yale, MIT, Washington University.
They are looking for teammates who think out-of-the-box and are not satisfied with quick fixes or canned solutions to our industry's most challenging problems. If you seek an intellectually stimulating environment where you can have a major impact on a critically important industry, we- d like to talk to you.
About Role :
The engineering team builds webapps to help scientists analyze & visualize their data. These webapps are highly interactive and data rich. You will be solving challenges of scale, interactivity, and elegant data visualization.
They are looking for engineers with a passion to create elegant web applications to analyze data. You should have the ability to understand nuances of design and visualizations. You should be able to work with data scientists and engineers to integrate data analysis pipelines.
Key Responsibilities :
- Developing front end applications.
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Developing back end website applications. Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Test driven development
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python (preferable) or Java or NodeJS
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Implementation and/or consumption of RESTful APIs
- Exposure to cloud and micro-services architecture
- Good verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail
Good to have :
- Hands-on expertise with AWS stack
- Working knowledge of CI-CD pipelines (CircleCI, Terraform etc)
- Working knowledge of Dockers
- Experience with serverless tech
- You might be a great cultural fit for client if...
- You are passionate about Science.
- You are a self-learner who wants to keep learning every day.
- You regard your work as your craft that you want to keep honing.
- You like to work hard to solve big challenges and enjoy the process of breaking down a problem one blow at a time.
- You love science and can't stop being the geek at a party.
- Of course, you party harder than everybody else there