Frontend Architect - Web Applications - React.js/ES6 (3-7 yrs)
Their Product :
- Employer has a SaaS product that enables marketers to gain better insight from their ads and analytics data. Marketers have to deal with data incoming from multiple siloed sources such as ad networks, web analytics, in-app analytics and inhouse customer data.
- Collating all this data, exporting it, and later analysing it is often a manual job which is tedious, error-prone and very limited. Employer solves this problem by stitching in data aggregation, data warehousing and data visualisation into one seamless interface.
- Marketers can connect their data sources to our platform, streaming all the ad and analytics data to our backend, then can run computations on that data, have custom visualisations, drill down / roll up, and query by any other metric. It gives marketers superpowers by helping them make sense of all their data without any of the pain.
The Role :
- We hit product market fit in early 2018, bagged a few top tier customers and even managed to close a $2 Million seed round from top European VCs.
- We are now embarking on the next phases of our revolutionary business intelligence product and need dedicated and world-class engineering expertise to help bring Employer to the forefront and establish our brand and product.
- We are looking for a frontend architect who has built a career developing and scaling complex frontend applications.
- Knowledge of best practices in frontend architecture, including performance, accessibility and usability.
This role will involve :
- Understanding the product inside out, figure out the major components of the product and how they interact with each other.
- Build user interfaces that are consistent, accessible, pixel-perfect, and fast, that are customisable as per the varying use cases. Create reusable and maintainable frontend systems and abstractions.
- Our dashboards heavily use different visualisations and each tables handles 100s of thousands of rows. Architect and build highly interactive interfaces and visualisations that scale with optimal performance.
- Work with React, ES6, TypeScript and HTML/CSS to build and maintain new Employer's features.
- Dive deep into the usage of coding patterns and contribute in curating a library of reusable components that can be used to build more complex and unified Interfaces.
- Experimenting with new libraries, APIs and patterns - figuring out which ones are a good fit for us to help us scale.
- Mentor others in the frontend team, help with PRs and interface with the backend and devops teams.
Our Tech Stack :
- On the backend we use Ruby on Rails for the API, MongoDB and Postgres for the datastore, Docker and Kubernetes for the infrastructure, all hosted on the Google cloud platform.
- For the frontend we use Webpack, Flow, Babel, ReactJS, Redux and Redux Saga. We also use react virtualised and highcharts for data visualisation. We test using Jest and Enzyme.
- Our job doesn't begin with a feature request or end with a deploy
- Our ideal team member is someone who is a self-initiator, identifies what we should work on, figures out how best to tackle it, and isn't satisfied until it's done right.
- 3+ Years of experience building complex performant frontend applications. Knowledge of best practices in frontend architecture, including performance, accessibility and usability.
- You understand performance; you are able to catch and debug bottlenecks to make sure the UI remains buttery smooth.
- Practical knowledge of design patterns and API design.
- You are decisive when it comes to product decisions, knowing how to tackle tasks no matter what are the dependencies.
- Good sense of UI design is a plus.