Senior Manager at Fractal Analytics
Views:240 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Fractal Analytics - Lead Backend Engineer - Big Data/Ruby (6-12 yrs)
Lead Backend Engineer
Job Description :
Trial Run is looking for a skilled and experienced lead backend engineer to design & develop data intensive applications. The engineer will use her skills & experience to understand user requirements and solve big data problems.
- Lead a technical team of engineers within a project
- Design and implement scalable, maintainable, well documented and high-quality solutions to solve customer problems/requirements
- Write unit tests with complete code coverage, ensure minimal bug slippages to QA
- Strictly follow the project schedule and the team's software development process
- Provide support for UAT activities as well as production support including fixing of any defects
- Interact with stakeholders to understand the business requirements/use-cases and convert them into technical requirements
Technical Requirements :
Must have :
- 7+ years of professional working experience in a big data environment using technologies like Python, Ruby.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices and SOA architecture and associated principles
- Deep experience in developing cloud based apps having large volume of data using python based frameworks like Django, Flask
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Knowledge of software best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Knowledge and experience in building distributed, asynchronous task systems
Good to have :
- Working knowledge of Celery and RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of Spark, Hadoop
- Good knowledge of object caches such as Memcached, Redis
- Knowledge of how to design, tune and optimize SQL queries and caching strategies
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS especially EMR, EC2, S3)
Behavioral Preferences :
- An entrepreneurial ownership mindset: we expect everyone in the team to define and expand their own role
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: we'd like you to be able to talk to geeks and the rest of the world with equal ease.
- Comfortable with decision making at speed and in the face of ambiguity.
- An eager developer with creative ideas and a problem-solving attitude.
At Trial Run, we are reducing the number of uninformed decisions businesses take by making experimentation simple, scientific, and scalable. Trial Run is a product team at Fractal Analytics, a global leader in predictive analytics.
Our team is a mix of passionate data scientists, engineers, product managers and domain experts. Together, our mission is to build world class products to help our customers create a culture of experimentation.
We are a team of entrepreneurs and we are looking for one more to join our ranks. If you are a self-starter who enjoys using technology and analytical skills to solve engineering problems, we'd like to talk to you and learn from you. We can offer challenge, camaraderie, and a heck lot of work.