HR at Fractal Analytics
Views:205 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Fractal Analytics - Engineering Manager - Backend (7-13 yrs)
- 7+ years of professional working experience in product development with hands on experience on technologies like Python, Ruby or Java preferably from Startups/Product/IOT companies.
- The manager will be leading a team of engineers responsible for development of web-based big data products.
Brief about the Team & Fractal :
Fractal Analytics is Leading Fortune 500 companies to leverage Big Data, analytics, and technology to drive smarter, faster and more accurate decisions in every aspect of their business.
Trial Run is a cloud-based product that is helping business to solve bigger enterprise problem.Our team is a mix of passionate data scientists, engineers, product managers and domain experts.Together, our mission is to build world-class products to help our customers create a culture of experimentation.
Job Responsibilities :
- Lead a technical team of engineers within a product
- Design and implement scalable, maintainable, well documented and high-quality solutions to solve customer problems/requirements
- Tracking team capacity and allocating / rotating work
- Tracking and improving team development velocity
- Contribute in product roadmap planning
- Help translation of business requirements into technical needs and actions
- Ensure product development is in compliance with certification standards
- Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners
- Strictly follow the project schedule and the team's software development process.
Must Have :
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices and SOA architecture and associated principles
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Knowledge of software best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Knowledge and experience in building distributed, asynchronous task systems
Good to Have :
- Experience developing data/compute intensive applications
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS especially EMR, EC2, S3)
Education : B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or related technical degree OR Equivalent