Human Capital Officer at Fractal Analytics
Views:974 Applications:179 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Fractal Analytics - Engineer - Big Data Technologies (1-3 yrs)
About Fractal Analytics :
As a global analytics firm that helps Fortune 500 companies gain competitive advantage through deep understanding of consumers and better data driven decisions, we help deliver insight, innovation and impact through predictive analytics and visual storytelling.
And, as a place to work, we are a Glassdoor open company, with a focus on learning and growth. We have strictly banned the use of the word - resource- and reinforce the value of - Respect and Fairness- . In fact, we were recently recognized as one of - India's Best Companies to work for in 2017- !
Role Brief :
Our Big Data capability team needs hands-on developers who can produce beautiful & functional code to solve complex analytics problems. If you are an exceptional developer with an aptitude to learn and implement using new technologies, and who loves to push the boundaries to solve complex business problems innovatively, then we would like to talk with you.
- You would be responsible for evaluating, developing, maintaining and testing big data solutions for advanced analytics projects
- The role would involve big data pre-processing & reporting workflows including collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into business insights
- The role would also involve testing various machine learning models on Big Data, and deploying learned models for ongoing scoring and prediction. An appreciation of the mechanics of complex machine learning algorithms would be a strong advantage.
Qualifications & Experience :
- 1 to 3 years of demonstrable experience designing technological solutions to complex data problems, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those solutions.
Ideally, this would include work on the following technologies :
- Expert-level proficiency in at-least one of Java, C++ or Python (preferred). Scala knowledge a strong advantage.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Hadoop (YARN, MR, HDFS) and associated technologies one or more of Hive, Sqoop, Avro, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc..
- Hands-on experience with Apache Spark and its components (Streaming, SQL, MLLib) is a strong advantage.
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure ML)
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks
- Ability to work in a team in an agile setting, familiarity with JIRA and clear understanding of how Git works
- In addition, the ideal candidate would have great problem-solving skills, and the ability & confidence to hack their way out of tight corners.
Must Have (hands-on) experience :
- Scala or Python expertise
- Linux environment and shell scripting
- Distributed computing frameworks (Hadoop or Spark)
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure ML).
Desirable (would be a plus) :
- Statistical or machine learning DSL like R
- Distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture
- Row store distributed DBMSs such as Cassandra
- Familiarity with API design
Education : B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or related technical degree
Applicants will be redirected to the careers page where they will have to register in order for their candidature to be taken forward.