HR at Fractal Analytics
Views:363 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Fractal Analytics - DevOps Engineer - Linux/AWS/Python (2-4 yrs)
Role Brief : 2+ years of hands-on experience as a DevOps engineer with strong technical proficiency on public clouds, Linux and programming/scripting.
Brief about Fractal & Team :
Fractal Analytics is Leading Fortune 500 companies to leverage Big Data, analytics, and technology to drive smarter, faster and more accurate decisions in every aspect of their business
Job Responsibilities :
- Gather and analyze cloud infrastructure requirements
- Evaluate options and design the right architecture to get the job done
- Automate obsessively
- Support existing infrastructure, analyze problem areas and come up with solutions
- Optimize stack performance and costs
- Write code for new and existing tools
The Person :
The ideal candidate possesses most of the following skills :
- Good conceptual understanding of the building blocks of modern web-based infrastructure: DNS, TCP/IP, Networking, HTTP, SSL/TLS
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong command line skills. Ability to write complex one-liners for routine system administration tasks
- An eye for monitoring. The ideal candidate should be able to look at complex infrastructure and be able to figure out what to monitor and how, with an excellent signal/noise ratio
- Hands-on experience with metrics collection, reporting and alerting is a plus
- Storage: RAID, NAS, SAN, Block and Object Storage, distributed block devices and file systems like DRBD, NFS, GlusterFS etc.
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL and cloud-based relational database solutions like Amazon RDS. Database replication and scalability; NoSQL
- High Availability: Load Balancing (ELB), Reverse Proxies, CDNs etc.
- Programming: Python/Perl/Ruby/GoLang/Java skills
- Version control with Git. Exposure to various branching workflows and collaborative development
- Virtualization and Docker
- AWS core components (or their GCP/Azure equivalents) and their management: EC2, ELB, NAT, VPC, IAM Roles and policies, EBS and S3, CloudFormation and Elastic BeanStalk
- Configuration Management : SaltStack/Ansible/Puppet
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- Understanding of Agile development practices is a plus
- Performance tuning of the entire stack
Education : Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
Applicants will be redirected to the careers page where they will have to register themselves for their candidature to be considered.