FPGA/RTL Senior Design Engineer - ASIC/Hardware Design (8-12 yrs)
General Description :
- Design and development of digital HW modules (on FPGA/ASIC using Verilog) for 3GPP 5G NR wireless modem technologies.
- Responsible for designing, modeling, verifying and integrating the digital sub-systems implemented on the state of art FPGAs/ASICs.
Areas of interest are (one of them) :
a) RTL design for digital signal processing logic design (in Verilog), like filter, fft, matrix operations, control, etc
b) FPGA, Ethernet packet processing (hardware acceleration), (de-)packetizing modem data for e-CPRI c) RTL design for SERDES interfaces - FPGA systems - Project deliverables include models/algorithms of digital modem sub-systems on FPGA/ASICs;
these models are to be (a) bit-accurate matches to the corresponding MATLB/C/other implementation,
(b) meeting very strict timing requirements and
(c) are to be used for link-level performance characterization and field trials with RF. - Apply critical problem solving skills of complex modem subsystems including PHY, RF, and lower stack implementation.
Role and Responsibilities
Necessary Skills / Attributes :
- BS/BE/B.Tech n ECE or CSE with 8-12 years of experience or Masters of Engineering degree in ECE or CSE with 6+ years of experience in one of them :
- DSP-VLSI digital systems design for 3G/4G/5G wireless modems
- High-speed interfaces (10G, 40G, JESD, packet accelerators for 10G)
- RTL design for SERDES interfaces (e.g., working with raw SERDES) - have demonstrated technical leadership and a strong modem digital HW system design background is preferred.
- Hands on experience with design, verification, and debug of gigabit rate baseband wireless modems coded in RTL (VHDL/Verilog) and targeted for FPGA and/or ASIC, including debug in RTL simulation or lab environment.
- Experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Python, or Perl & revision control systems such as Clearcase or GIT.
- Good to have experience in designing OFDM wireless communications fixed point systems (e.g., LTE-A FDD/TDD)
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.