Director at Core Edge Solutions
Views:1032 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Firmware Lead - WiFi Application Development (5-9 yrs)
Position : Software / Firmware Engineer (Smart Devices, Wired/ Wireless Communication) - Wifi Application Development
Job Description :
- A Software engineer with strong experience in Design and develop embedded software for Lighting/ Consumer Electronics/ Smart Metering products.
- Primarily an embedded Firmware developer from all or any of the two domains listed above, who understands and contributes to all aspects of the Embedded software development process including specification, development, design reviews and testing at all levels.
- Has good understanding of the Electronics Hardware and would be able to understand the schematics and electronics design
- As a Software Engineer (Communication), candidate should be responsible to provide connectivity solution base over Wi-Fi / BLE, Bluetooth, DALI, ModBus etc. and support development and testing of wireless/ wired communication technologies.
- Demonstrates sound performance over software designing, debugging, documentation and testing.
- Proposes, designs and develops embedded software systems and components to meet the product requirements.
- Bring up Wi-Fi / BLE/ Bluetooth/ DALI platform and optimize throughput/performance by software/hardware design implementation.
- Adds new communication features that integrate with the design process, responsible for stack porting activities for different platforms.
- Sound understanding over Bluetooth/ BLE/ Zigbee profiles, technology, operations, baseband, link management, and protocol.
- Should also be working to develop non communication part of the firmware.
Required skill sets :
- Expert level knowledge in Embedded Systems, Firmware design and development
- WIFI Application development experience, specifically using Cypress/Broadcom ICs, involving security, MicroAP/client mode, services etc.
- Expertise in various Microprocessor/Controller Platforms and Architecture, e.g. ARM Cortex. M0, M3, A7 etc. and MicroChip, TI or similar
- Expertise in embedded system firmware implementation for Consumer/Lighting/ Smart meters/ Industrial products.
- Expertise in design and development of interfaces for sensors, actuators, encoders, drives, ballasts, valves controls, motors, pumps, power electronics etc.
- Deep knowledge of C is must.
- Good to have: C++ languages, Node JS, Jason and other relevant scripting languages.
- Expertise in RTOS/non RTOS/Bare Metal based system design and development, hands on coding experience. Linux experience is good to have.
- Experience on various wired and wireless communication protocols, including DALI, Zigbee, BLE, WiFi, 802.11 series etc.
- Experience in Modbus/ LonWorks/ LORA/ etc would be good to have
- Expert in understanding the Hardware schematics, design and simulation of the circuits.
- Commitment to ensuring robust software through code reviews, unit testing and TDD
- Scripting language knowledge (Perl, Python, BASH, etc)
- Familiarity with GCC, Git and the agile software development process
Qualification requirements :
- 5 years - 9 years of experience as a Firmware engineer with expertise in wired/ wireless communication implementation in the Lighting/ Consumer Electronics/ Smart Metering/ Industrial products
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Electrical or Electronics and communication or related field, Master degree is preferred.
- Expert C and C++ developer, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems.
Core Edge Solutions LLP
No.138, 7th Cross.
29th main road,( Lake road)
BTM 2nd stage, Bangalore 560076