Talent Enabler at Catalyst Solutions
Views:980 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Firmware Engineer - Microcontroller/Embedded (2-4 yrs)
As an Embedded Firmware Engineer, you would be responsible to design, program, debug and modify the firmware on current and future products.
We are looking for an embedded system engineer in prototyping and designing sensors.
- The task will be to tinker and improve existing sensors we've on our bikes recording different metrics (for e.g. odometer for distance), and design new sensor systems to further analyze and further improve performance and security of our motorbikes.
- Define and implement high-performance software and firmware by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design. Proficient in Embedded Systems & C programming. Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Proficient in microcontrollers, its peripherals and basic electronics with first hand production projects.
- Assess third party and open source software.
- Experience working with various communication and control protocols including UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, and CAN. Exposure to major available SoC boards (like raspberry pi etc) and ATMEL/PIC microcontrollers.
- Ability to read and understand circuits and hardware. Experience with various schematic capture tools, such as Eagle and Altium.
- Experience with wired/wireless devices focus on analyzing and designing sensors with low power consumption. Interface with hardware design and development.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Should be proactive & possess good interpersonal skills.
- Should have good experience with customer interaction/handling.
- Strong documentation skills. Good understanding of s/w development tools used in different phases of development.
- Experience in GPS, GPRS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and VTS related chipsets. Experience doing circuit design, schematic capture, PCB layout, and system integration.
- Should be able to work independently.
- Experience with mass production of sensors at a low cost.