Tech Hiring at Finicity
Views:852 Applications:257 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Finicity - Data Scientist - Machine Learning/Python/R (3-6 yrs)
About Finicity :
Finicity started out as one of the first 'fintech' pioneers, providing individuals and families data-driven insights to make smarter financial decisions. Our mission and leadership position hasn't changed as we've evolved into a major digital transformation partner for some of the largest financial institutions and other fintech organizations. Through our real-time data aggregation and intelligent insights platform we're fueling the digital experiences our customers need to improve efficiency, drive profitability and deepen customer loyalty.
Whether we're working with major financial institutions on improving data access for their customers, or fueling a fully digital lending process, we're fortunate to spend our days improving people's financial lives and organization's financial decisions. Come help us and be part of one of American Banker's Best Fintechs to Work For and one of the Salt Lake Tribune's Top Workplaces.
Learn more about who we work with: to transform mortgage lending with major GSEs like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to mortgage lending platform providers Black Knight and Ellie Mae; to transform the user experience for data sharing with USAA, JPMorgan Chase, and Wells Fargo. Or see how we have been recognized recently: Housingwire Tech 100, Benzinga FinTech Awards, CFSI Financial Health Leader.
Job Description :
Finicity's Data Innovation Lab is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. The Data Lab is focused on applied research that can be quickly brought to market as production services and new financial services products.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a very small and talented team, giving you the ability to help pioneer the usage of consumer financial data science techniques, on data that is vastly more valuable and complicated.
What you will do :
- As a Data Scientist, you will take lead on exploring and creating business value from data science operations in new business data domains, working with other data science and machine learning professionals, you will formulate strategies for Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) and follow-on data science processes and architectures, including statistical analysis, machine learning modeling etc.
- You will help ensure understanding of the business objectives and help invent new ways to analyze, visualize, and derive value from enterprise and financial services data.
Key Qualifications :
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study required. Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years of the commercial machine learning experience.
- A strong understanding of machine learning theory.
- Mid-level programming experience. Python, Java or C++ experience is highly desired.
- A principled approach to solving algorithmic problems with a focus on what will make users happy.
- A pragmatic approach to rapidly evaluating new algorithmic ideas.
- A very high attention to detail and ability to thoroughly think through problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
- Strong understanding of R or python ML packages and statistics.
- Proven ability to mine a new data area and derive business value