Talent Acquisition Specialist at Exotel
Views:318 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Exotel - Software Engineer II - Java/C/C++ (3-6 yrs)
About the Role :
- The job of a software engineer involves all aspects of software engineering: designing and architecting services and features, development, testing, instrumentation, deployment, stabilization and operations. You will be working on the core cloud telephony platform and products.
- A lot of focus in what you do will be outside of just adding features - you will be constantly thinking of "how do I scale out my cluster to twice its size with 60 seconds?", "how do I increase the platform up time from 99.95 to 99.99?", "how to shave off a few extra millisecond in response times?" etc.
- We are looking for technically very strong candidates, with a strong understanding of computer systems. We want people who love designing and building infrastructure components and large complex services. Being a Software Engineer at Exotel takes a bit more than the following.
1. Very strong in Computer Science fundamentals.
2. Expertise with one of Java / Go / Scala / C++ / C / C#.
3. Experience building large scale distributed systems OR done core systems programming.
4. Knowledge of different data stores, data modeling and scaling them.
5. A devops mindset.
6. You own what you will develop.
a. Exposure to telephony protocols, ISDN, SIP, WebRTC.
b. Comfortable scripting in at least one of PHP / Ruby / Python.