Talent Acquisition Specialist at Exotel
Views:255 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Exotel - Software Engineer II - Full Stack Development (3-6 yrs)
About us :
Exotel is a cloud communications platform in India and SE Asia. We provide APIs, webhooks and extensibility points using which businesses can run their telephony and messaging on top of us. Our platform powered over a 2 billion phone calls and almost 3 billion API hits in 2017. To get to know more about us, this might be helpful: https://2018.exotel.com/
Tech @ Exotel :
Exotel engineering solves some really cool infrastructure level problems with the goal of ensuring no one misses a call or an SMS.
Our focus is on building very fault-tolerant, loosely coupled, scalable and real-time distributed system
We are generally agnostic of language, technology or tools. Currently our tech stack is built on Golang, Node.js, Ruby, Java and PHP. We use Aerospike, MySQL as data stores, ElasticSearch for search and Beanstalkd for queuing
We emphasize a lot on clean abstractions of code, loosely coupled services and good coding practices
We are very strong believers in "you built it, you own it!". And running a distributed system is very different from just building one!
We are crazy about high availability
Software Engineer @ Tech @ Exotel :
The job of a software engineer involves all aspects of software engineering : designing and architecting services and features, development, testing, instrumentation, deployment, stabilization and operations. You will be working on the core cloud telephony platform and products. A lot of focus in what you do will be outside of just adding features - you will be constantly thinking of "how do I scale out my cluster to twice its size with 60 seconds?", "how do I increase the platform uptime from 99.95 to 99.99?", "how to shave off a few extra millisecond in response times?" etc.
About Product Engineering Team @ Tech
The PET builds the final products that are consumed by most customers who dont want to integrate our core services into another workflow. This team focuses on building the work-flows as UI elements that can be used by customers of applications such as Call center
What it takes?
We are looking for technically very strong candidates, with a strong understanding of computer systems. We want people who love designing and building infrastructure components and large complex services. Being a Software Engineer at Exotel takes a bit more than the following
What you'll do :
- You will be a part of the - Frontend & Mobile- team at Exotel. Specifically, we are looking for full stack engineers for building and operating web apps and dashboards that help customers use Exotel in a variety of ways.
Responsibilities include end-to-end software engineering aspects :
- Designing and architecting systems and services
- Instrumentation, dashboarding and monitoring
- Debugging production issues and handling production incidents
What we need ?
- [Must have] 3+ years of full stack development experience in product engineering organizations.
- [Must have] Good knowledge and experience of full stack frameworks such as React.js, Angular.js, node js
- [Must have] Good knowledge of HTML, CSS
- [Good to have] Experience in fullstack development - ie, building the web API backend that would power your frontend.
- [Good to have] Experience / Interest in UX design and use of design tools
- Experience in using RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres etc), NoSQL (Elastic, Redis, Aerospike etc).
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Communication skills - excellent written and oral communication to present complex ideas/concepts in clear and concise manner; communicating with key stakeholders with work/project progress.