Talent Acquisition Specialist at Exotel
Views:84 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Exotel - Site Reliability Operations Professional - Scripting/Linux Server (4-7 yrs)
About the Role :
- SRO (Site Reliability Operations) team is responsible for monitoring Exotel's Production Infrastructure and making sure that its up and running all the time. Infrastructure includes Linux services, Linux cloud servers, Linux bare-metal servers, internet leased lines, telephone lines, telephony hardware etc.
- This team provides 24x7 coverage and support and is responsible for monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting, resolving and escalation of any Production Infrastructure related issues.
- This includes incidents where a Network infrastructure or a Carrier may experience issues. This also involves identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with systems and applications reported through monitoring systems or trouble tickets.
About us :
Exotel is one of Southeast Asia's largest cloud telephony companies. Our aim is to change the way enterprises look at customer communication. We build the best in class communication products that power the companies of today and tomorrow. Our technology enables customer communication for our clients such as Uber, Ola, Go-Jek, Redbus, Flipkart, Quikr, Practo,Lazada, Redmart, to name a few.
We are a young company with humble beginnings in 2011 that grew from a 3 member team to 150+ employees in 2018. Our technology has connected 85 million people, powered 1.2 billion customer calls, powered 3.2 billion voice API calls, 3.2 billion business SMS powered. Read our 2018 growth story here.
Why should you join us :
- You want to be an enabler for business success with an appetite for steep learning.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching teams, take pride in teams success.
- You enjoy solving problems and thrive for excellence
What will you do :
- Being on-call (during your shift) for any pages / escalation from monitoring system, or any tickets from other internal teams. Shifts of the whole SRO team will cover 24x7
- Troubleshooting any pages (or escalations) and debugging them in a timely manner
- Taking corrective actions to pages (or escalations) based on a combination of good understanding of the platform/application and strong troubleshooting skills
- Escalating infrastructure issues with relevant infrastructure partners / vendors and following up for timely resolutions
- Setting up and configuration of new infrastructure (such as internet connections, servers, services etc.)
- Participate in change management and post mortem process to ensure operational consistency and service improvement
- Mindset of continuous automation and improvement to make a phenomenal difference on the reliability aspects of the entire platform
What we look for :
- We prefer candidates having excellent accountability; Goal being, not a single page / escalation must miss SLA in resolution
- We look for excellent communication skills; A significant portion of the job involves communication with vendors, as well as communication with internal teams
- We need individual with excellent Sysadmin/Linux command / scripting skills; All our servers are Linux based and you will be required to run administration commands and execute tools and runbook procedures
- We need candidates with 1+ years working experience on-call on Production environments. You must understand the importance and time-criticality of alerts
- We prefer candidates having experience working on cloud based applications, monitoring solutions and security solutions.
- The candidate should have good debugging and analytical skills
- We prefer candidates having ability to multi-task and work during production crisis situations
What to expect next :
- If we are impressed with your candidature, expect an exploratory call from the hiring manager. This is an opportunity for us to understand your motivations, experience and interest in this role and also your opportunity to know about us.
- Our interview process involves telephonic conversation, and face to face conversations. At every stage you'll be provided feedback. We appreciate your interest in our company and we'll make sure to respect your time.