Talent Acquisition Specialist at Exotel
Views:131 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Exotel - Senior Engineer Manager - Java/C++/Golang (7-10 yrs)
Exotel is one of Southeast Asia's largest cloud telephony companies. Our aim is to change the way enterprises look at customer communication. We build the best in class communication products that power the companies of today and tomorrow. Our technology enables customer communication for our clients such as Uber, Ola, Go-Jek, Redbus, Flipkart, Quikr, Practo, Lazada, Redmart, to name a few.
We are a young company with humble beginnings in 2011 that grew from a 3 member team to 150+ employees in 2018. Our technology has connected 85 million people, powered 1.2 billion customer calls, powered 3.2 billion voice API calls, 3.2 billion business SMS powered. Read our 2018 growth story at https://2018.exotel.com/
We provide web, mobile apps and HTTP APIs for controlling telephony and messaging. Businesses use our platform for various use cases and scenarios. Our platform powered over a 2 billion phone calls and almost 3 billion API hits in 2017. To get to know more about us, this might be helpful: https://2017.exotel.com/
Tech @ Exotel
Exotel engineering solves some really cool infrastructure level problems with the goal of ensuring no one misses a call or an SMS. We build user-friendly web and mobile apps and developer friendly APIs and mobile SDKs. We emphasize a lot on clean abstractions of code, loosely coupled services and good coding practices.We are very strong believers in "you build it, you own it!". And running a system is very different from just building one!
Billing Engineering Team
The Billing Engineering team focuses on building systems for billing, invoicing and payments across products/features, integrating billing information with finance systems, and scaling the infrastructure to match with volumes of transactions. Currently, our billing system process ~6 million+ transactions across different SKUs (calls/smses etc) everyday.
What you will do?
As the engineering manager of this team, your roles and responsibilities include:
1. Work with product management team to create engineering roadmap that aligns with product roadmap.
2. Translate engineering roadmap into executable internal projects, and own the end-to-end execution of these projects.
3. Plan, execute and deliver projects as per schedule, content, and quality metrics.
4. Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team using Agile practices.
5. Keep stakeholders continually updated on progress of projects and operations.
6. Track and report engineering health metrics (such as bugs by severity, production incidents etc.)
People Management :
1. Hire and mentor a team of engineers
2. Manage learning and development, and performance of your team.
Technical Work :
1. Core stakeholder to all technical design and architecture of team.
2. Review code, test plans, and deployment plans.
What we look for ?
[Must have] Engineering Experience :
a. 3+ years of experience in development of backend/platform components or systems, REST API, client libraries etc.
b. 3+ years of experience in technologies: Go/Java/C++; MySQL/Aerospike/Beanstalkd etc.
[Must have] Management Experience :
a. 4+ years experience in planning, executing and delivering software projects/product features using Agile methodologies.
b. 4+ years experience in building a team of software engineers.
c. 2+ years of experience in conceptualising, defining and executing engineering initiated roadmap that translates to a Business impact for the organization
d. 3+ years of effective stake-holder management, including product managers, functional heads and other engineering managers
[Nice to Have] :
1. Experience in telecom billing software systems, or high transaction billing software systems.
2. Experience in integrating with finance or ERP systems.
3. Experience in distributed and scalable systems.
4. Communication skills - excellent written and oral communication to present complex ideas/concepts in a clear and concise manner; communicating with key stakeholders with work/project progress.