Evalueserve - Java Technical Lead - Spring/Hibernate (9-14 yrs)
Evalueserve is a global professional services provider offering research, analytics, and data management services. We are powered by mind+machine - a unique combination of human expertise and best-in-class technologies that use smart algorithms to simplify key tasks.
- This approach enables us to design and manage processes that can generate and harness insights on a large scale, significantly cutting costs and timescales and helping businesses that partner with us to overtake the competition.
- We work with clients across a wide range of industries and business functions, helping them to make better decisions faster; reach new levels of efficiency and effectiveness; and see a tangible impact on their top and bottom line.
Position description :
Department : Knowledge Technology (KT)
Nature of Job : Permanent
Location : Gurgaon, India
Job Title : Technical Manager
Reporting To : Group Manager/ AVP/ VP
Job Description :
In line with our - Human + Machine- strategy, we have conceptualized a cloud based - Software as a Service- platform which will significantly change the way Evalueserve delivers services. This solution is based on open architecture and is being developed grounds up using Java and other non-proprietary technologies. Leading IT Architecture consultants, global UX design firms and specialist software houses are working with us on this concept.
We are now forming an in-house specialist Java team to take up further development of this solution and continuously evolve it as per market needs. The - Manager- will be responsible for technically leading a team of 5 persons which should eventually grow to around 20.
The key responsibilities of the Manager include :
- Carrying out hands-on development
- Guiding a team of software engineers on technical aspects.
- Reviewing the work done by other team members.
- Designing and architecting future releases of the platform.
- Troubleshooting application issues.
- Jointly working with other teams and partners handling different aspects of the platform creation.
- Tracking advancements in software development technologies and applying them judiciously in the solution roadmap.
- Ensuring all quality controls and processes are adhered to.
- Planning the major and minor releases of the solution.
- Ensuring robust configuration management.
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager on different aspects of product lifecycle management.
- Interacting with clients and internal business teams as required
- Up-skilling technical knowledge of team members.
Skill Set Required :
Core Server-side Skills :
- Spring Framework, Spring Security
- Hibernate, MyBatis
- BPMN workflow based tools - Camunda
- CMS - Alfresco
Core Frontend Skills :
- HTML / CSS / SAAS
- Angular 2 +
Additional Skills / Exposure :
- Database skills - MySql, SQL Server
- Micro services
- Open Shift
- Jenkins, sonar
- Selenium Webtests
- jMeter Loadtests
- Database tool like ibatis-migration, liquibase, flyway
Education and Experience :
- B.E./ B.Tech preferably in Computer Science
- At least 4+ year in a module leader / technical leader role.
- Very strong technical understanding.
- Good database knowledge
- Solutioning skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- 3+ years in a product development team.
Beneficial but not mandatory :
- Advanced Java certifications
- Experience in agile development
- Multi-cultural exposure
- Worked as part of geographically distributed teams
- Worked in a start-up environment
Compensation : To be decided on a case-by-case basis, at par with industry leaders