ETL Test Engineer - Functional/Integration Testing (3-5 yrs)
Basic Function :
- The Quality Assurance Tester creates and executes test plans for Enterprise Data Management (EDM) projects ensuring solutions work as expected and meet a high standard of reliability.
- This position creates and manages well-defined, plans and executes test plan to identify any potential issues through a combination of manual and automated means. Understands client business requirements and test cases prepared by Lead and can execute those test plans effectively.
Essential Functions :
- Should be able to develop and execute test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform data validation testing using SQL, reports, and/or test management tools. Identifies, manages, and resolves defects during testing cycles leveraging a test management tool (when available). Also, supports or leads UAT process, when appropriate.
- Should be able to develop all testing-related documentation including test plans, test cases, test scripts, etc.
- Supports and maintains test systems used for running test scripts and moving new software, enhancements, and updates to production.
- Should be aware of Quality and Testing related best practices and procedures and adheres to those.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Primary Internal Interactions :
- Coordinate with QA Lead and participate in recurring meetings
- Collaborate with other team members to review prototypes and develop iterative revisions
Primary External Interactions :
- Working in a technical capacity with Client project personnel as appropriate
Reports To : QA Lead
Supervises : N/A
Technical Skills :
- Ability to convert business and technical documents into testable cases and scenarios.
- Should possess clear concept of Data Warehousing
- Must have strong working knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required. Able to communicate business or technical issues clearly to team members and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables on time
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Understands the types of testing required throughout a development implementation.
- Able to work with Lead and come up with solutions with different computing platforms, including different OS and browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Produces high-quality results and deliverables that meet client needs.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of and utilizes DSC methodology documents to efficiently complete assigned roles and associated tasks.
- Should be able to independently drafts complete detail documentation (i.e. Design Document, RTM, Test cases, Defect log etc.)
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables.
- Demonstrates ability to help/guide team members and able to drive team with minimal support from Lead
- Good to have working knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica Powercenter or SSIS
Process Specific Skills :
- Ability to adapt to a variety of team work environments, as this changes client to client
- Ability to work in a global operating model leveraging offshore
Soft skills (Desired) :
- Experience working with multi-divisional business communities to leverage information across the enterprise to improve business effectiveness
- Strong team building, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
Soft Skills (Minimum) :
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Education Requirements : Bachelor's degree
Work Experience Requirements :
- 4-7 Years of experience with DW or Data Integration testing
- Experience with test management tools such as JIRA, HPQC and knowledge in automation testing tools such as Selenium, QTP, Qunit and Junit
- Experience in development methodologies and types of testing (e.g. Functional, System Integration, Regression, etc.)
- Strong data and SQL skills required
- Experience in testing of Enterprise Data Management projects preferred
- Knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica, SSIS etc. preferred
- Knowledge of MDM and Data Quality preferred