Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist at Essential
Views:113 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Essential - CloudOps Engineer - System Administration/Linux Server (5-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- Essential Products is a new type of company focused on creating consumer technology products for the 21st century.
- CloudOps / IT support for a technology company is a big task. As a CloudOps Linux Engineer, you are the go-to person for Essential Bangalore's Linux server deployment, maintenance, security policies, internal tools and technologies.
- You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems but primarily Linux. You're a fast learner and a good communicator.
- Develop tools and solutions that allow the internal IT infrastructure to scale, with a focus on operational efficiency and user experience
- Automate and/or execute IT infrastructure-related projects such as platform migrations, service upgrades and information security policy updates
- Partner with internal service owners and teams to evaluate technical data, create recommendations, obtain consensus, plan and execute
- Proactively identify and solve complex systemic challenges spanning multiple systems and teams as they relate to server deployments and corporate IT initiatives; this may include designing systems or services from the ground up
- Tune and manage database services and replication, git repositories, jenkins servers, web servers, opengrok servers, load balancers
- Continuously work to speed up response delivery from servers based on nature of application and requests being served
- Ensure servers are monitored 24x7 and timely actions are taken on any incident
- Handle installation and maintenance of third party software
- Maintain backups of configuration, and manage data replication across multiple locations.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of technical experience working in system administration or IT operations
- Knowledge of complex IT infrastructure and ability to troubleshoot challenges
- Experience setting up server mirrors and replication for high-availability of internal servers like source control, bug tracking, CI systems
- Experience handling server and user certificates, user accounts, server deployment, and doing root cause analysis of network slowness and server crashes
- Experience in programming languages Bash and Python, towards writing scripts for automation, backup, configuration, deployment and monitoring of server instances
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Jira, OpenGrok, Web servers, Database servers with primary and secondary setup
- Experience with Load balancers, DNS, Networking
- Experience with system administration of Linux machines.