Talent Acquisition at Epsilon
Views:296 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Epsilon - Principal Data Architect - Oracle PL-SQL (9-15 yrs)
Key Accountabilities :
- This position will report into the Competency Lead and will Work along with Tech Lead / Solution Architects for the growth of the competency.
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical internal team members as well as third party client stakeholders.
- He/ She should be a strong people manager and should be able to define the career path and the learning path for the junior associates. It may involve talking to multiple stakeholders in the global distributed structure.
- He/She should be able to contribute to the Strategic and tactical planning of the competency.
- This position should be able to plan and deliver any innovation or incubation exercises that the competency leads will plan
- Exposure to DB technologies is needed so that the person can define future Roadmap of the competency.
- He/ She may be involved in Delivery Projects (small in size but can be multiple in number) where most the delivery team belongs to the Database Competency.
Education & Qualification : Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Technical Skills :
- Should have experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed applications and data modeling for Cloud or Big Data applications
- Excellent knowledge of relational database technologies with experience on databases such as Oracle / SQL Server / Amazon Redshift.
- Oracle PL SQL experience is mandatory
- Exposure to ETL tools (Informatica / Datastage / AbInitio / Matillion), Data Warehousing skills desirable
- Experience with file processing/transfers would also be helpful
- Must be familiar with one scripting language - Unix Scripting, Perl scripting, Python
- DB Architecture, Data Modelling, Database Design mandatory
- Must have experience on DB / Performance Tuning
- Experience on Amazon Redshift, IBM Netezza experience would be preferred
- Experience with the Hadoop stack (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, Shark, Oozie, etc.) would be preferred
General Skills and Experience :
- Must have 9 to 12 years of total IT experience out of which minimum of 2 years of team leading and project mgmt. experience. Should have managed 15+ team members.
- Strong people manager and a strong desire to mentor junior team members and plan for learning and growth of the competency. Sit with individual associates, work on their goals and set a path to success for them
- Should have a technical background in database technologies during the developer / Lead levels prior to taking up a manager role.
- Be able to discuss technical aspects of architecture /design/code issues directly with technical teams.
- Must have experience in planning, analyzing requirements, designing solutions and developing code.
- Experience with Agile & Waterfall development methodologies
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Should have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to perform under pressure is required.