Epam - Big Data Solution Architect - Implementation & Design (10-17 yrs)
Job Description :
- Develops reusable assets, development methods, processes, best practices to accelerate delivery. Participates, on an on-going basis, in strategic visioning activities for the practice and competency center.
- Evaluates hardware and software platforms, performs benchmarking, and shares the summary results.
- Keeps pace with innovative technologies. Writes technical reviews and internal newsletter articles and blogposts for development community. Participates in creation of general-interest white papers and blueprints. Participates in internal/externals events as a speaker. Serves as a go-to resource for EPAM regarding his/her technologies of specialization.
- Develops proposals for implementation and designs scalable Big Data architecture.
- Participates in customer's workshops and presents designed solution.
- Designs, implements, and deploys high-performance, custom applications at scale on Big Data Platform.
- Defines and develops network infrastructure solutions to enable partners and clients to scale NoSQL and relational database architecture for growing demands and traffic.
- Defines common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for data acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis.
- Develops roadmaps and implementation strategy around data science initiatives including recommendation engines, predictive modeling, and machine learning.
- Performs reviews and audits of existing solution, design and system architecture.
- Creates technical documentation.
- Leads the strategic planning, development and implementation of medium-to-large BI/DW solutions or a component of a larger solution. Leads on all stages of presales activities for such projects. Works on architectural POCs, where required.
- Interacts with clients, advises and leads the translation of business requirements and models into appropriate architectural designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Works directly and collaboratively with clients, external data providers, and other key stakeholders to ensure that the solution's concept/vision is understood and agreed upon.
- Must be capable of leadership (influence management) and pragmatism;
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java, Scala, Python;
- At least 3+ years of experience with at least 3 major big data technologies and frameworks including but not limited to HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Flink, Pig, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Storm, Cascading, HBase, Cassandra and Elastic Search;
- 2+ year as Solution Architect, doing solution architecture design and architecture review for small-to-medium size solutions based on familiar technology stack;
- Experience with big data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud;
- Strong experience in applications design, development and maintenance;
- Possess strong SQL knowledge and general knowledge of BI;
- Solid knowledge of design patterns, refactoring concepts and algorithms;