IT Recruiter at Kastech Software Solutions
Views:451 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Enterprise Tools Engineer - IT Service Delivery/Management Strategy (7-10 yrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Help in defining the strategy for the integration and enhancement of the IT operations tools to provide end-to-end visibility into the availability and performance of the top-down IT stack (infrastructure, application and business process)
- Enhance the IT operations tools portfolio, inclusive of the Enterprise monitoring (Solarwinds, Sitescope, HP OMI, Splunk) and IT Service Management (ServiceNow) platforms and vendor specific solutions (Microsoft SCCM, VMWare, O365, etc.) to provide a single-pane-of-glass view into the operational health of the company's IT services
- Provide guidance on highly valuable Key Performance Indicators (KPI- s) and Operational metrics for measuring Tenneco IT operations performance and effectiveness.
- Provide strong organizational mentoring on current monitoring and ITIL/ITSM best practices throughout the organization.
- Contribute to the overall IT Service Delivery/Management strategy and program across the Executive Branch and drives ongoing systemic improvements in monitoring processes.
- Service Management Platform Function Oversight. Service Management Platform Operations ensuring the daily running, administration, monitoring of the platform, and supporting interfaces, infrastructure and tools.
- Managing centralized license tracking and control, Integrations, ServiceNow Discovery, Group creation, security compliance, responding to Incidents and break/fix for current IT Service Management configurations and customizations (forms/workflows etc), ServiceNow Support Management, and supporting ServiceNow Upgrades and patching
- Ensure the team executes against defined Service Management process for Service Management of the ServiceNow platform and related tools including Incident, Problem, Change & Release and SLDC procedures.
- Ensure industry best practices are followed. Ensure all compliance and design documentation are created and managed effectively.
- Manage software development lifecycle platforms and tools, utilizing an agile methodology (Scrum development).
- Manage centralized license tracking and control, Integrations, ServiceNow Discovery, Group creation, security compliance, responding to incidents and break/fix for current IT service management configurations and customizations (forms/workflows etc.).
- Should be able to assist in performance analysis reporting, and provide on demand reports from tools, for various performance parameters for servers, databases etc.
- Performing administration/development specifically with ServiceNow in leading the delivery of global, 24/7 technical services.
- Ensuring proactive daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly review of System(s) performance and availability occurs. This position will utilize knowledge and skills in operational service management, IT operations and processes, and end-to-end IT infrastructure components/architecture using the monitoring and ITSM tools and technologies such as Operations Manager, Sitescope, BSM, NNMi, uCMDB and ServiceNow.
Required Skills :
- Demonstrated global management and leadership skills
- Excellent service management skills and strong vendor management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of industry best practices and leading standards.
- Virtual team and global leadership experience is necessary.
- Ability to direct efforts of others in remote (foreign country) locations in different time zones
- Proven skills in presentations, business cases, financial forecasting/budgeting and conflict management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in delegation, coaching & development, performance objective setting/reviewing, human resource planning and organizing global teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization and across cultures
- Proficiency in using metrics to measure and model service delivery and drive continuous improvements.
- Strong technical competency in customer support and metrics programs
- Experience in managing third party suppliers
- Ability to travel globally up to 20%
- 4 years university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics. Master's Degree in Business Administration is desired.
- 7+ years of experience in IT technical service management and delivery.
- 7+ years of experience supporting and deploying Service Management products or services within an ITIL-based solution framework (i.e. ServiceNow, HP Service Manager, or similar)
- Minimum 2 Years of hands on technical experience performing administration/development specifically with ServiceNow
- Should have working experience in CMDB and application mapping
- Proven experience managing software development lifecycle platforms and tools, preferably utilizing an Agile methodology (Scrum development)
- Strong operational service management knowledge and skills, and understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT infrastructure components/architecture
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise monitoring tools
- Experience in leading initiatives and projects that span IT disciplines
- Experience in managing product lifecycle and portfolio