Growth Hacker & Social Media Recruitment at Hyring Ninja
Views:663 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Engineering Manager - Product Development (9-13 yrs)
Job Summary :
- A technology enthusiast who is comfortable being part of a small, highly visible, tight-knit team and can collaborate closely with team leads and architects to accomplish your goals.
- You own your part of the product line, your staffing decisions, prioritization and the operational excellence of the platform.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Responsible for mapping business objectives to an optimum engineering structure, including correct estimation of resource allocation.
- Responsible for key technical and product decisions.
- Provide direction and mentorship to the team. Setup best practices for engineering.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and help them in getting relevant inputs from the engineering team.
- Plan and track the development and release schedules, proactively assess and mitigate risks. Prepare for contingencies and provide visible leadership in crisis.
- Work closely with engineers, conduct their 1:1s, understand their requirements and facilitate an environment where each engineer is happy and productive.
- Work individually with engineers and help them with correct time estimation and scoping of tasks.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various engineers, and then map projects to career paths of various engineers.
- Conduct regular 1:1s for performance feedback and lead their appraisals.
- Responsible for driving good coding practices in the team like good quality code, documentation, timely bug fixing etc.
- Be responsible for product metrics and drive them in the team.
- Interact with other engineering teams, facilitate discussion among them and provide a framework for inter-team collaboration.
- Build teams, hire the best talent with right dynamics. Foster a result oriented, performance driven culture by setting clear goals, career paths, core competencies, reward and recognition mechanism for the engineering team.
- Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation, motivate engineers to build innovative and effective systems rapidly.
Required Experience, Skills :
- 8+ years of strong experience in full-stack software product development, with at least 3+ years in the engineering leadership position.
- Experience working with high-performance technical teams and the ability to create a culture based on those best practices.
- Experience or knowledge of Raspberry Pi would be preferable
- Experience working with Product Managers and UX Designers
- Excellent people manager.
- Strong in building relationships and collaborate with others.
- A strong vision and ability to deliver quickly in fast-paced startup culture
Education Qualification :
- Pedigree (IIT/ BIT/NIT/IIT) - Preferred
- B.Tech in Computer Science