Founder at Success Booster
Views:1096 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:81
Engineering Manager - Mobile Applications (10-19 yrs)
Position : Director-App Engineering
Location : Pune
About our client :
Our client is a media company and is a leading premium video-on-demand service for emerging markets with 9 million subscribers per quarter across nine countries. Through strategic partnerships with over 270 top studios around the world, they bring blockbuster Hollywood and Regional movies, TV shows and Music videos in more than 34 different languages to its subscribers. Their trademark product provides unbuffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network.
Our client and its subsidiaries are headquartered in Milpitas, California and have a presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Dubai, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Bangkok.
Our Culture Ignites Innovation (Smart People, Big Dreams, Fiery Passion, Fun and Engaging Journey). Our culture defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. We are very focused on this as we scale rapidly our employee base worldwide.
We believe in being one's authentic self in the workplace, ideas over hierarchy, merit over tenure, not efforts but results, and having a blast while enjoying the journey.
Key Responsibility And Accountability :
- Execution: Resource planning and ability to manage projects to achieve organization goals in a timely manner. Develop and manage an engineering team with a culture of total ownership of product implementation
- Technical Insight: To have a strong technical ability as well for helping the team in creating solutions for various mobile application features.
- Communication: Interface with both internal and external stakeholders, collaborate with product managers and other engineering function to deliver a technology platform that increases business value
- Influencer: Ability to influence peers through technology.
- Thought Leadership: Able to effectively sell and implement change.
- Autonomy and Resourcefulness: Independently propose initiatives to identify improvements & new technologies and can drive them to solution
- Business Acumen: Understands and demonstrates that management is business steward-ship
Skills And Competencies :
- 15+ years of experience overall in the software industry, preferably experience delivering consumer centric and high touch applications across Android, iOS and browsers in multiple countries. Of these, at least 5 years of experience should be in a leadership role.
- Strong experience delivering products on key cloud technology platforms Amazon Web Services/Google Could Platform along with key technologies such as Java/J2EE/web stack, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Experience on big data / analytics technologies will be a big plus.
- Strong experience in Android/iOS application architecture and creating solutions for complex problems that span both front-end and backend services
- Strong experience in working with architectural patterns like MVP, MVVM, Dagger, etc.
- Strong experience in applying tools and practices for maintaining overall software quality and delivery predictability
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile development processes & methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in presenting complex ideas to senior management and a broad technical and scientific audience.
- Experience managing and working well with geographically distributed teams as well as highly collaborative environments
- B.E. or B. Tech in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or a related discipline.