Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:112 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Engineering Manager - Java/Python/Golang (10-15 yrs)
Job description :
1. The Candidate Is An Engineering Manager In Their Current Role. ?
2. The Candidate Is Currently Working In A Dot Com Environment With Web Facing Product.?
3. The Candidate Is Directly Involved With Product Management?
Engineering Manager Requirements and Qualifications :
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and TDD methodologies
- Good hands on experience on various design and architecture aspects
- Strong background in Agile and working closely with product management
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Experience in multiple application and web servers (Example For J2EE tech stack, look for JBoss/ Tomcat/ WebSphere)
- Product / Project / Program Related Tech Stack :Front End ReactJS, AngularBack End MongoDB, RDBMS, No SQLMiddleware APIsTesting
- Basic idea of ATDD, automation tools (Selenium, LeanFT), Unit testing tools etcDevOps Github, Jenkins, Sonar Qube, Maven, pipeline building for CI/ CDOthers Kafka Streaming, Cloud technologiesDevelopment Methodology / Engineering Practices Agile (SCRUM / KANBAN / SAFe)ITIL / ITSM
Engineering Manager Duties and Responsibilities :
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert for a set of POD's in the software engineering team of the client.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations
- Build leaders with in the team and functional area and lead by example and emphasis onbroad, organizational wide initiatives.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss about new ideas and any issues.