Consultant at Executive Search Firm
Views:301 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Engineering Director - System Design (17-25 yrs)
THE INDIA DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The IDC of a $1.2 billion MNC organization is establishing an India Development Center comprising a world-class software engineering team responsible for developing and testing highly complex software for the company's semiconductor assembly equipment. The India center will be expected to collaborate closely with software teams in the US, Netherlands, Europe, Singapore, and China to deliver software that supports the Company's world-leading products.
- Based in India and reporting directly to the Vice President of Software Engineering, the successful candidate will need to develop a deep understanding of our business and products. The site leader of the India Development Center will partner with the software development teams in multiple locations to jointly own the architecture and delivery of high-quality software for our semiconductor assembly equipment.
- As site leader for our newly established India Development Centre, you will be responsible for building a software engineering team by recruiting and developing world-class talent and creating a culture that demonstrates the Company's leadership values.
- You will be responsible for leading a team of talented engineers responsible for supporting numerous clients across the Company. The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills with the ability and experience to work with a diverse set of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization.
- The site leader will have the relevant technical background and experience with demonstrated business acumen. He / She must be comfortable working in a matrix environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Lead the India software development team to develop, test, maintain, and document the software for the Companies semiconductor assembly equipment.
- Provide leadership, management and technical vision to the software engineering team.
- Manage the hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for the India software engineering team. Provide effective employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building.
- Review all documents related to product requirements and participate in product brainstorming sessions. Assist software development team to attain optimal team performance through removing technical obstacles.
- Be responsible for the analysis, design, development, and support of software systems as assigned.
- Manage all software engineering schedules, budget and resource allocation. Help improve team processes and proactively manage resource constraints.
- Manage any engagement with 3rd party vendors or any outsourced development where appropriate.
- Provide technical consultation as well as expertise to Engineering peers and Product Managers.
- Interact with various stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of each sprint iteration and product release.
- As the most senior leader on-site in India, the successful candidate is also expected to be the Company's liaison with local government and regulatory agencies and provide timely updates to and discuss key decisions affecting the site with senior management at corporate headquarters.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- The successful candidate must possess excellent technical skills, have worked in similar multinational companies managing stakeholders across different geographies and time zones.
- He / She must inspire confidence through the strength of his or her intellect, substantive knowledge, judgment, leadership style, and ability to manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- At least a Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (with programming skills/experience) or Computer Science (with hardware skills/experience) from a highly respected educational institution
- Professional knowledge in software development (design, code, integration, build, test, delivery)
- Proficient in C++ and Object-Oriented Analysis and Object-Oriented Design Methodologies for real-time systems
- Prior experience in the architecture, design, and development of real-time control software for semiconductor equipment and/or robotic systems is ideal
- Prior experience and analytical ability, creativity, strong programming, and testing skills, and ability to implement timely, high quality, software solutions to customer issues
- Positive contributor to a high morale/high-performance team culture
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Must be able to attend frequent meetings outside of standard working hours, to accommodate teams in the US and European time zones
The successful candidate will possess high energy levels, is dynamic and will demonstrate commitment, and integrity in all interactions. In addition, the successful candidate should possess the following:
- Ability to interact with senior-most level stakeholders, both internal and external, as appropriate;
- Ability to innovate and think strategically
- Passion for a culture which rewards high-performance results orientation, accountability, and strong collaborative teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal skills; solid relationship-building and listening skills;
- Flexibility and openness to new ideas
- Ability to understand and distill complex issues and articulate the same to various audiences
- Respect among industry peers
- Managerial courage and the ability to make difficult decisions, while considering alternative solutions when necessary
- Deep confidence tempered with appropriate humility and respect for the thoughts and opinions of others
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects, initiatives, and matters simultaneously.