Engineering Director - Server Side Application Development (9-15 yrs)
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing large scale distributed systems with a various web and database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and Building Microservices, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring an high performance engineering team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Participate in the full software development life cycle
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and lead on small to midsize complex projects
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Work closely with engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Designs and defines the interaction between the other component pieces
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
- Candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Great understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Manage team of engineers, inspire and motivate them, work on their growth plan, align their aspirations with company objectives and goals
- Ensure proper processes are followed and expected level of discipline in work and delivery culture
- 9+ years with 5+ years of server side application development experience.
- Demonstrated experience delivering highly scalable big data products
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery
- Experience with C++, Analytics, Cloud and angular experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex plans and designs
- Excellent judgement, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Excellent design and architecture knowledge
- Data driven decision making
Educational Qualifications : Masters/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent