Front End Web Developer at Emotix
Views:152 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Emotix - Lead Backend Developer - DevOps/Java (4-6 yrs)
Company Profile :
Greetings from Emotix! We are an advanced robotics start-up headquartered in Mumbai. The company was founded in January 2015, by three IIT Bombay post-graduate on the pillars of robotics, AI and IoT.
We are the makers of the Miko series of robots designed to engage, educate and entertain kids. The robots have been designed by a diverse team comprising software and mechanical engineers, mathematicians, UI/UX designers, knowledge partners and neuropsychologists from India, South Korea and Russia.Growing to a team of over 70+ professionals and 200+ channel partners in about four years, we are an ever-expanding young and energetic organization keen on bringing new perspectives, experiences, and insights on-board. Our mission is to solve burning consumer problems with the help of robotics, AI and IoT and to humanize technology.
For further details you can also visit www.miko.ai.
- Design and Development of the modular, reusable backend infrastructure Collaborating with a cross functional team of the backend, Mobile application, AI, signal processing, robotics Engineers, Design, Content, and Linguistic Team to realize the requirements of conversational social robotics platform.
- Ensure the developed backend infrastructure is optimized for scale and responsiveness
- Ensure best practices in design, development, security, monitoring, logging, and DevOps adhere to the execution of the project.
- Introducing new ideas, products, features by keeping track of the latest developments and industry trends
- Proficiency in distributed application development lifecycle ( concepts of authentication/authorization, security, session management, load balancing, API gateway), programming techniques and tools (application of tested, proven development paradigms )
- Proficiency in working on Linux based Operating system.
- Proficiency in at least one server-side programming language like Java . Additional languages like Python and PHP are a plus
- Proficiency in at least one server-side framework like Servlets, Spring, java spark ( Java).
- Proficiency in at least one data serialization frameworks: Apache Thrift, Google ProtoBuffs, Apache Avro, etc
- Proficiency in at least one of interprocess communication frameworks WebSockets, RPC, message queues, custom HTTP libraries/frameworks ( kryonet, RxJava ), etc
- Proficiency in multithreaded programming and Concurrency concepts ( Threads, Thread Pools, Futures, asynchronous programming).
- Good understanding of networking and communication protocols, and proficiency in identification CPU, memory & I/O bottlenecks, solve read & write-heavy workloads.
- Proficiency is concepts of monolithic and microservice architectural paradigms.
- Proficiency in at least one of database SQL, NO-SQL, Graph databases like MySQL, MongoDB, Orientdb
- Proficiency in at least one of testing frameworks or tools Jmeter, Locusts, Taurus
- Proficiency in at least one RPC communication framework: Apache Thrift, GRPC
- Proficiency in asynchronous libraries(RxJava), frameworks(Akka) is an added plus
- Proficiency in functional programming ( Scala ) languages is an added plus
- Proficiency in working with NoSQL/graph databases is an added plus
- Proficiency in working on at least one of cloud hosting platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc is an added plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git is an added plus
- Working Knowledge of tools for server, application metrics logging and monitoring and is a plus Monit, ELK,graylog is an added plus
- Working Knowledge of DevOps containerization utilities like Ansible, Salt, Puppet is an added plus
- Working Knowledge of DevOps containerization technologies like Docker, LXD is an added plus