Consultant at Consulting Organization
Views:218 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Embedded Software Engineer - RTOS/C (2-4 yrs)
There's an opportunity to join us as we're looking for an experienced embedded software engineer to join our team.
You are :
- A self-starter, highly motivated, and cross-functional, able to work as a team member or team lead
- Capable of performing all software development tasks for a given project such as architecture design, implementation, testing, documentation, etc.
- With strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Tenacious in meeting project objectives and goals in a fast-changing environment
- Knowledgeable in the field of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
- Design, develop, and test the embedded software for new products
- Maintain the embedded software for current products, including adding new features and functionality
- Work closely with hardware engineers and enterprise software teams to develop designs for new products
- Manage and maintain version control, configuration management, and release software
- Report frequently on progress against key project deliverables
- Identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
Specific skills :
- Developer MUST be an experienced EMBEDDED software developer (i.e. not desktop - the mindset/method is very different).
- Developer MUST thoroughly understand the OO principles of abstraction and encapsulation.
- Developer MUST have experience coding for multi-threaded (for thread-safety).
- Developer's specific Linux experience preferred but any good RTOS experience should cover it.
- Developer's C expertise is important: we'll be using C11, but C99 experience is relevant too.
- Developer must be able to use an eclipse-based debugger.
- Embedded Java experience is a good bonus because covers some of the above.
- Hardware experience (fluent in reading schematics, using scopes) is good.
- OS will be multi-threaded Linux
- Familiar in using Debian Linux Distro specifically (now that Steve is not available).
- Familiar in Apache webserver, and developing a webpage (landing page) with C code interface
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of embedded software development experience using C
- Familiar with full product development life-cycle for mission-critical applications
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong desire to build, deliver results, take ownership, and drive projects
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Familiar with .Net framework and SQL
- iOS development (Xamarin)
- PCB design and layout experience (ORCAD, PADS)
- 3D modelling and CAD experience (Solidworks)