Embedded Software Developer - Linux Server (4-8 yrs)
Job Description :
We are hiring EMBEDDED LINUX SOFTWARE DEVELOPER for a reputed captive development centre in Pune.
Main Responsibilities :
- Participates and leads as a subject matter expert in integration of Linux & toolchain, BSP & OS abstraction, and application framework (e.g. JVM/JNI and Qt API) on multi-threaded real-time embedded platforms.
- Develops and enhances embedded Linux drivers for various peripheral devices and system components such as input/output devices, wired/wireless communication & sensor devices (e.g. Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Cellular, ZigBee, Z-Wave, DECT, and etc.), and IC-level technologies like I2C, SPI, SDIO, PCIe, and USB.
- Architects, designs and implements embedded application software and application interface & middleware for Linux and/or Android in cross-platform development environment.
- Prepares design proposals to reflect costs, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Reviews and provides feedback on product functional specifications.
- Responsible for preparing feasibility studies, software design specifications, test plans, protocol specifications.
- Complies with and makes recommendations for changes to established development guidelines and standards.
- Reviews hardware and mechanical specifications, drawings and schematics and provides feedback.
- Identifies, analyses and resolves complex software inadequacies.
- Participates in, organizes and/or runs product development meetings, design reviews and code reviews.
- Prepares time estimates, assists in reviewing and finalizing project schedules, ensures assigned projects follow schedule, informs management of any unplanned slippages, and proposes corrective measures.
- Provides input/validation for the Publications group.
- Reviews user manuals, installation manuals, user guides, and provides feedback.
- Participates in relevant Six Sigma/DFSS training and/or projects.
- Participates in assisting Compliance, Approvals, ATE and EFT with any necessary software support.
- Provides technical guidance to more junior staff, works as a project or team leader.
- Assists with evaluation and testing of software and hardware tools.
- Makes recommendations for changes to software development guidelines and standards.
- Develops methods, metrics, techniques and evaluation criteria for algorithms, products, processes and staff.
- Makes recommendations and suggests alternatives for a project.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the development realm through interaction with other groups, communication with external experts and suppliers and independent research.
- Advises on product needs and dependencies.
Education And Experience Required :
- BE (CSE/ECE/EIE/ETC) degree is required.
- 4 - 8 years (minimum) embedded software development experience.
Specialized Skills :
- Working knowledge in C/C++, Java, Perl, Linux, Android, JVM/JNI, Qt. TCP/IP.
- Background knowledge in embedded web/HTTP, XML, VOIP, security & encryption technologies, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Z-Wave, DECT, GSM(2G/3G/HSPA/LTE), CDMA
- Exposure to development environment & tools: GNU, VMWare-, IAR, Eclipse, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital hardware, microcontrollers, microprocessors and DSP processors.
- Product knowledge relating to security systems.