IT Recruiter at Infinity HR Consulting Pvt Ltd
Views:429 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Embedded Lead Engineer - Linux/Kernel (5-8 yrs)
We are looking for a Lead Developer with extensive hands-on experience in Linux kernel and user space environment. The position involves the development and implementation of a wide range of Embedded Linux Software. The ideal candidate should have recent hands-on development expertise with Linux.
- The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently or in group to develop solutions for Linux board support packages.
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Applicant should possess at least a BE/B-Tech/M-Tech in ECE/EEC graduation.
Applicant must have at least 6 to 8 years of Linux software development experience. Applicant must have significant experience in several of the following :
1. 4+ years of hands-on experience in Linux kernel software for embedded systems is must.
2. Extensive hands-on experience in kernel porting.
3. 3-4 years of experience in Shell scripting and Python in Linux environment.
4. Experience in Python programming is desirable.
5. Hands-on experience in Yocto Open-embedded based software development is must.
6. Hands-on experience in Linux user-space is mandatory.
7. Architecture knowledge of ARM is must and x86 would be desirable.
8. Experience in debugging Linux software using GDB/JTAG/BDI/DS5 is desirable.
9. Hands-on experience in version control tools like GIT & Quilt is must.
10. Experience in managing embedded hardware targets is must.
11. Domain knowledge of Linux network, graphics is expected.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Should be able design and develop Linux based software for kernel and user-space.
2. Development of python modules or shell scripts.
3. Writing embedded software according to the project specifications.
4. Should be able to bring-up embedded targets and have device driver's knowledge.
5. Should be able to research and implement emerging Linux technologies.
6. Should have knowledge of multimedia frameworks like Gstreamer, Pulseaudio etc.
7. Good knowledge of working with Open source software packages.
8. Should work on Linux build systems like Open Embedded, Yocto.
9. Learn and work on new technologies to enhance product features.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.