Co founder at Profoundwhiz Consulting and Training
Views:38 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Embedded Android Engineer - Kernel/Linux OS (6-10 yrs)
Role would involve performing the following functions :
- Developing Android NDK, integrating it with BSP and development of APIs that can be used by Application layer team
- Design development, integration and testing of - embedded android OS - in new snapdragon based hardware platform
- Interface with key internal partners (applications team) and external vendors (chipmakers and systems integrators) as part of the technical cross-functional team delivering final product
- Developing and Implementing NDK and other middleware for new Android device.
- Integrating low level device drivers in BSP layer with Android's NDK layer and providing APIs to upper layer applications for controlling the peripherals
- Development of APIs to allow application layer to seamlessly control - touch screen, display, cameras, audio, GPS, NFC, and other peripherals
- Writing test scripts in coordination with rest of the embedded software team for manufacturing level testing
- Integrate firmware and manage dependencies across the system
- Participate in identifying test strategy and generating detailed test protocols.
- Perform formal verification, and generate reports. Participate, review and approve outside lab test plans, protocols
Key Qualifications :
- Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms, Snapdragon SoC architectures and Android platforms
- Hands-on bring-up experience with Snapdragon and deploying Android over Snapdragon based devices.
- At least 7-10+ years experience in embedded software development, at least 5+ in Android and Linux kernel level
- Good understanding of industry standards interfaces for displays, NFC, Bluetooth, Cameras, etc
- Experience in Android NDK and porting Android to new hardware platforms
- Thorough knowledge of Android OS framework and how Application layer interacts with Android OS
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills especially with silicon design, validation and board design engineers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent Bachelors Degree
- 10+ - years of working experience in software or firmware engineering in embedded systems
- 5+ years of working experience in porting Android to new hardware platforms
- You will play a key role in supporting first generation android platform targeting intelligent cars.
- Your primary role will be adapting the Android OS to work with new hardware and providing application layer seamless access to systems peripherals.
- Your primary responsibility working at Android NDK layer, interfacing with BSP layer and upper application layers.
- Following that you will have to work closely with internal and external teams to enable delivery of final custom applications developed for Android devices. Design, implement and perform system level experience in Android based hardware platform and applications software team.
- You will working on a large spectrum of issues ranging from hardware/silicon issues to overall system operation, performance, thermal and power management.
- You will also work with manufacturing as the platform transitions from development phase to production phase.