HR at Elucidata Corporation
Views:929 Applications:180 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:172
Elucidata Corporation - Full Stack Developer - Python/Angular2+ (1-2 yrs)
About Elucidata :
Our mission is to make a data-driven understanding of the disease, the default starting point in the drug discovery process. Our products & services further the understanding of the ways in which diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This understanding helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter by 10x in the next 7 yrs.
Our platform Polly will enable scientists to process different kinds of biological data and generate insights from them to accelerate drug discovery. Polly is already being used at premier bio-pharma companies like Pfizer and Agios; and academic labs at Yale, MIT, Washington University.
We are looking for teammates who think out-of-the-box and are not satisfied with quick fixes or canned solutions to our industry's most challenging problems. If you seek an intellectually stimulating environment where you can have a major impact on the critically important industry, we- d like to talk to you.
About Role :
The engineering team at Elucidata builds webapps to help scientists analyze their complex data & derive actionable insights. These webapps are highly interactive and data rich. You will be solving challenges of scale, performance, interactivity and elegant data visualization.
We are looking for engineers with a passion to create elegant and scalable web applications to analyze data. You should be able to work with data scientists and engineers to integrate data analysis pipelines across various layers (front-end, back-end, infrastructure) of Polly.
Key Responsibilities :
- Developing front end applications.
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Developing back end for web-applications.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Test-driven development
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python (preferable) or Java or NodeJS
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Implementation and/or consumption of RESTful APIs
- Exposure to the cloud and micro-services architecture
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Good to have :
- Hands-on expertise with AWS stack
- Working knowledge of CI-CD pipelines (CircleCI, Terraform, etc)
- Working knowledge of Dockers
- Experience with serverless tech
You might be a great cultural fit for Elucidata if :
- You are passionate about Science.
- You are a self-learner who wants to keep learning every day.
- You regard your work as your craft that you want to keep honing.
- You like to work hard to solve big challenges and enjoy the process of breaking down a problem - one blow at a time.
- You love science and can't stop being the geek at a party. Of course, you party harder than everybody else there