Sr Recruiter at Electronic Arts
Views:359 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Electronic Arts - Software Engineer - Java/Python (7-10 yrs)
Software Engineer for,Player Reliability Engineering (PRE) - EA Digital Platform (EADP)
We are EA :
Electronic Arts is more than you- ve ever realized. We are more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase we are a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver, Redwood City to Hyderabad. No matter which of our locations you join, you- ll feel the energy and support of EA's global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks and dream big.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we- re currently going through an exciting digital transformation. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $102 billion in 2016.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company can deliver EA's portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead :
- EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams.
- Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
Software Engineer - III, Player Reliability Engineering (PRE) does at EA:
- Provide technical leadership and be part of the technology team that designs and develops the application platforms and the tools which simplifies performance and reliability engineering.
- Own the core system quality attributes relating to product architecture, such as performance, scalability, security, availability, reliability etc.
- Collaborate with Product management and game teams to understand the requirements that will form the core foundation for all the in-house test tools and techniques
- Drive the brainstorming on the new products, tools and services required by EADP internal teams & Game Teams
- Evaluates emerging technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
- Works as an Individual contributor (IC) and mentors the junior engineers technically and groom them to become experts in the technical area
- Hands-on in Coding and Testing and Deployment in the large-scale environments.
- Hands-on experience with building world-class web applications, especially in a distributed system.
- Architect, Design, develop the Web applications.
- Think in terms not just of how to architect and code systems, but also in term of how systems commonly fail and architectures commonly fail to scale. (Quality, Development)
- Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best software development practices are applied.
- Design and program Data Models on RDBMS and NoSQL Databases.
- Thinks in terms not just of code but of architecture, and you communicate your ideas effectively to others within your division.
- Focuses on preventing the introduction of defects during the software development process rather than finding defects after testing begins. You drive software engineering best practices within your division.
- Influences the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to the team's priorities and approach. You make a significant contribution to the team planning.
- Get a lot done. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things.
- Harmonize discordant views, find the best way forward and convince your team.Demonstrates resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact.
- Deliver high quality software & products with a Continuous Integration, Validation and Deployment methodology.
- Extensively use open source products/tools and Architect the systems for easy maintenance of code and deliver in smaller cycle time.
- Monitor Live Services and Production support on demand.
The next great EA Software Engineer - III also needs :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher
- 7-10 years of relative experience
- Must have extensive experience building applications in a fast paced agile environment.
- Deep knowledge of building high performance, highly available, reliable, distributed systems software
- A strong background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns, analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems, automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses, continuous integration & deployment.
- Have played a leading role in the implementation and deployment of a successful enterprise-level system. This may be as a lead developer or as a test lead. (Quality, Development)
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc. is a definite plus.
- Comes from a product development background (desirable).
- Ability to work in an environment with high degree of ambiguity (previous start-up like experience could be helpful)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) able to communicate effectively with all levels of management as well as a geographically and culturally diverse technical organization
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the work hard/play hard- credo every day.
Dont Just Play It - Create It!