Sr Recruiter at Electronic Arts
Views:234 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Electronic Arts - Oracle Database Administrator - Snowflake DB/SQL (5-8 yrs)
Oracle Database Administrator, EAIT
We're EA - the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don- t know how we- re committed to creating games for every platform- from social to mobile to console- to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
- Oracle DBA will be responsible for managing critical databases and provide support to project teams for database related work. Individual should able to work with different project teams, provide inputs when needed, work on project deliverables.
- This individual should be highly organized, self-started, team player who thrives in a fast-paced, complex and global environment.
Primary responsibilities :
- Installation, configuration and upgrades of Oracle Database software 11g/12c including Real Application Cluster (RAC) and related products
- Complete accountability and responsibility for resolution of outages, service level issues, and user/customer support needs in coordination with other support teams.
- Handling various projects delivery within database operations.
- Managements of various tools/scripts being used for databases.
- Managing Primary DBA roles for certain applications.
- Contribution towards automation of re-occurring tasks.
- Support for Development environments Refresh of UAT/Staging/pre-prod environments.
- Strong knowledge and experience in performance monitoring, reporting and tuning of Oracle databases.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority task and work to implement automation wherever possible.
- Ability to work flexible work hours in-case needed.
- Hands-on with OEM configuration, agent deployment, patching OEM server.
- Hands on with database patching.
Minimum Qualification :
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years- experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and maintaining Oracle instances in a high-volume transactional environment with critical uptime requirements for a business providing 24/7 SaaS or e-commerce or web-based solutions.
- Must have configured and managed online backup technologies in Oracle and ensured disaster recovery and data retention protocols (backup, monitoring, security, installation) existed and were followed.
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Must be able to conduct systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cost efficiently in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment, with a proven project leadership skill with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize tasks.
- Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong knowledge on SQL, Unix shell scripting.
- Demonstrable experience in testing the performance, scalability, and maintainability areas of architecture concerns related to large enterprise applications
- Drives continuous improvement of design and delivery standards. And ensures that all processes and procedures are fully documented, kept up to date and properly socialized.
Desired Skills :
- Shell, Pearl, and PL/SQL scripting is highly desirable.
- Managing environments and databases on cloud (AWS/OCI/Azure)
- Hands-on experience on any other data platform like, Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake.
- It's not easy building the world's best digital playground. It's hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It's down-in-the-trenches challenging. It's stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It's you- taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
- In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you- re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.