HR Manager at Druva Data Solutions
Views:135 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Druva Software - Engineering Manager - Distributed Systems/Golang/Python (10-15 yrs)
About Us -
Druva is the global leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, delivering the industry's first data management-as-a-service solution that aggregates data from endpoints, servers and cloud applications and leverages the public cloud to offer a single pane of glass to enable data protection, governance and intelligence- dramatically increasing the availability and visibility of business critical information, while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of managing and protecting it.
Druva's award-winning solutions intelligently collect data, and unify backup, disaster recovery, archival and governance capabilities onto a single, optimized data set. As the industry's fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations, and protects over 40 PB of data.
Please do visit us at: https://www.druva.com/about/
Product Information -
- Druva Phoenix- is a unified server backup and archival built on Druva's secure, enterprise trusted, and high-performance cloud platform.
- With Phoenix, data can be stored indefinitely with limitless snapshots and flexible retention policies, while at the same time significantly lowering your backup costs. Druva takes a multi-layered approach to securing data that is unmatched in the industry - enabling organizations to address both their data security and data privacy requirements.
- As an Engineering Manager you will be leading a team of architects, developers and testers. The role requires improvement and involvement across the full product development lifecycle from product roadmap planning, requirements specification, design, delivery, test, documentation, release management to support and maintenance.
- In addition, you will be responsible for talent management activities including hiring, mentoring, feedback through regular 1-1s, performance appraisals, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities -
- Coordinate with Product Management, UX and architects to come up with high level design for the features, estimates, plan and timelines for the delivery.
- This is a hands-on role that involves understanding the product at a detailed level and contributing to design discussions and code reviews
- Define release scope in conjunction with product mgmt., own end-to-end delivery of new features and service releases, often in parallel.
- Help with ongoing escalations as required
- Establish lean engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, effective code reviews, etc.
- Defining the team structure and hiring and strengthening the team to support product roadmap and company vision.
- Coach, mentor and provide regular & timely feedback to direct reports.
Key Skills -
- 10-15 Years of Experience with a consistent track record in development projects involving product development as individual contributor and team/tech lead.
- 3+ years managing a team of 5+ people
- Experience in leading the development of complex, distributed systems based on Service Oriented Architecture/Microservices (preferred)
- Understand modern programming languages such as Go/Python programming and concepts such as multi-threading, data intensive applications, no SQL DB- s
- Demonstrated experience in building products in the areas of Cloud/SaaS (preferred) services, Storage, Virtualization, or Networking/Security.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS preferred) is plus
- Start-up development and/or management experience is nice to have.
- Experience of managing, motivating, developing / coaching and appraising team assigned to the project