AVP Recruitment at SquareRoot
Views:2110 Applications:355 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:190
Director - Technology Engineer - Java/J2EE (10-15 yrs)
Position : Director of Technology
Reports To : CEO
Experience : 10+Yrs
Preferred from Product or Start-up environment
Specific Duties/Responsibilities :
- Work in an agile environment to design and implement new features based on business requirements
- Manage the software development team and deliver a high-quality product based on the business requirements.
- Help the team members in resolving difficult technical issues
- Help with debugging any infrastructure and code related issues in the production environment
- Provide estimates for development work
- Be hands on in key projects, and also do code reviews of critical features.
- Make sure development team deadlines are met in timely manner
- Effectively communicate with team members, QA team as well as product management.
Skills/Experience Requirements :
- Passionate about technology and building a world-class product with high quality.
- Strong ability to come up with solutions to different technology problems.
- Must be familiar with advanced principles of object-oriented analysis, design and programming.
- Experience with or exposure to multi-tier website development in a Java/J2EE environment.
- Experience with Hibernate, Groovy and Grails a plus.
- Sound knowledge of relational databases, including schema design and advanced queries. My SQL experience is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to take responsibility for deliverable
- 3+ years of experience managing a development team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be hands-on with writing code and highly capable to help team with any technical problem.
Education/Other Pre-Requisites :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 10+ years of experience