Senior Talent Acquisition at Anzy Careers
Views:1485 Applications:300 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Director - Engineering - Platform Team (9-20 yrs)
The Platform Engineering Director plays a critical role executing high-impact initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our data platform team.
What you'll do :
- You are a Leader for the platform team. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with the team and stakeholders.
- You build trust across the team. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Understand technicality at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge
- Continuously improve and scale the team. Implement continuous improvements to.
- Mentor skills within our Platform team.
Here are the skills and experiences we're looking for :
- Managed or been technical lead of teams of 15 - 20 engineers for at least 2 years, with hiring and direct employee reporting and development responsibility.
- Technical aptitude and an ability to understand Data(Hadoop, Spark HDFS etc). Must have a software development experience on distributed systems and systems of scale.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in some of our technologies : NoSQl / Redis/ Cassandra,/Java /AWS)
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Implemented successful solutions to a wide variety of challenges in application architecture, design and coding, functionality and usability, and optimization.
- Passion for managing people and being responsible for pro-actively leading their career development.