Growth Hacker & Social Media Recruitment at Hyring Ninja
Views:275 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Director - Engineering - Java/Golang (15-18 yrs)
A technology enthusiast who is comfortable being part of a small, highly visible, tight-knit team and can collaborate closely with team leads and architects to accomplish your goals.
Director of Engineering Responsibilities :
- Leader to build a team of about 20 - 25 people team over the next 12 - 18 months. You- ll be the first employee in India Development Center and anchor the hiring.
- Manage a team of software engineers comprising iOS, Android, backend and QA. Hands on management including task planning and code reviews, with individual capability to do professional QA, coding or infrastructure management (as a model engineer).
- Work closely with the UK team of about 90 engineers and 10 team leads and maintain the team culture and DNA consistent with the London team. London and India teams must operate as - one team- and - one mission- .
- Product DNA - collaborate with Product team and own business outcomes. Manage product alphas and betas to direct product refinements and identify critical needs that must be met by the product in order to launch
- Align themselves and the team to business objectives (and sometimes changing business priorities) and execute with speed and accuracy.
- Alert management to issues early (bugs, tech debt etc.) so the management team can provide adequate support
Key Qualifications :
- Demonstrated track record building web and mobile products across sectors, experience in Consumer internet products a huge plus.
- Key technologies to have demonstrable professional experience using: Java, React, NodeJS or Golang, WordPress, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Any experience working with the following would be advantageous: Kotlin, Swift, Docker, Ruby, Python, PHP
- You'll need to be comfortable working in containerized environments, building and consuming third party environments.
- Your attention to detail and knowledge of design patterns should be outstanding, you- ll need to motivate your teams on when to follow best practices and when to innovate.
- Proven experience building and running distributed product development teams, leading major, cross-functional projects and product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Finally, a great team builder. He or she will be an excellent engineering talent recruiter, a great communicator, and problem solver.