Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:346 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Director - Engineering - FPGA/Optical Networking (10-20 yrs)
Job Description :
Primary Role/Scope of Job :
- You should be an entrepreneur at heart and must be more than willing to accept challenging problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Director of Engineering will direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects in the company.
- Will ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output.
- Manages overall engineering budget and costs.
- Will report to CTO/CEO
- Will be part of sr. leadership and management team
- Proactively involved in product decisions, bringing up new ideas and leading implementations of those ideas.
- Take inputs from the sales and product teams and from customers to improve the platform.
- Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
- Take active part in code reviews and design reviews. An eye for detail is key for this role.
- Good knowledge of basic human interaction, design and product management.
- You will be leading a team of young engineers who have been building the product from ground up in a cutting edge domain, so you must be empathetic towards that and try to manage the team in the most effective manner. Your leadership should motivate the team.
Experience and Expertise Required :
- 10-15 years of experience in running the product development engineering teams
- Has successfully taken a product from lab to market in last 3-5 years
- Experience in design of products in the area of optical networking
- Must have hands on experience in design, coding and reviews and as a team manager for the development of a product from specification to production ready prototype.
- Experience of product development in the domain of Optical Networking in which FPGA design was a major design activity is important to excel in the role
- Experience of working in cryptography domain will be a great advantage
- Has set the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line.
- Has monitored all aspects of a product lifecycle, including long- and short-term development and marketing.
- High speed Digital circuits board design (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of Analog Design (desirable)
- Designs to cater for DFM and DFT and product serviceability (desirable).
- Product Engineering including Mechanical Enclosure, Thermal Management, Product Qualification, Regulatory Certifications and Product Sustenance (desirable).
Additional Information :
Desired skills :
- A collaborative and supportive style over a directive one.
- Remaining calm and composed in tense and stressful situations will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate the team to meet deadlines
- Understanding, abiding and nurturing the culture of a start-up company will be important.
Skill Set : Analog design, DFM, DFT, Communication skills, calm, ability to motivate, understanding and abiding the culture etc.
Required Qualification/Education : BE/B-Tech/MS/M-Tech - Electronics and Communications; MS/M-Tech preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.