Associate Consultant at Careernet Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:466 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - Engineering - Data Platform (15-22 yrs)
Platform Engineering Director plays a critical role executing high-impact initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our data platform team. You will be reporting into the Vice President.
About Client :
We are one of India's largest food ordering and delivery platforms. With an aim of changing the way India Eats! We are looking at becoming the most reliable one-stop solution for consumers- food needs. Our primary focus is on customer experience thereby making our engagement metrics pretty uncanny for this industry.
If you are crazy about solving problems that you face as a customer, come join us on this amazing ride!
Some of the initiatives include building search & discovery platforms, recommendation and personalization engines, advertising platforms, data platforms, mobile capabilities etc.
What You'll Do :
- You are a Leader in the platform team. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with the team and stakeholders.
- Partner with rest of data platform team to drive our vision towards a - data-driven- data platform.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks
- Drive the on-going vision of data platform reliability which includes all of data analytics, machine learning and stream processing infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for creating and managing our data platform that will provide a wide variety of services ranging from data pipelines, data integrity, data timeliness for batch and real time data sources and for internal teams and external users.
- Build systems/services to change the game on how we qualify systems failures and quantify systems health.
- Evangelize operational best practices and continuously look for opportunity to automate and build tools to lower operational barriers, improve clarity on problematic areas, and improve reliability.
- You build trust across the team. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Continuously improve and scale the team. Implement continuous improvements.
- Mentor skills within our Platform team.
Here are the skills and experiences we're looking for :
- 5+ years of engineering management experience leading high performing teams tackling difficult problems.
- Experience with building and managing data technologies like data pipelining, distributed computing platforms, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization systems
- Experience building distributed systems that handle large amounts of data, with the end goal of making actionable decisions from their output.
- Passion for mentoring and growing teams
- Strong communicator who can crisply explain complex technical concepts
- Comfortable with lean engineering and project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.