Director - People Operations at Dimagi
Views:1153 Applications:304 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Dimagi - Senior Android Developer - Mobile Products (3-5 yrs)
Kindly Note : After going through the below description, you will be redirected to Dimagi's job application system, should you chose to apply for this position. All candidates are expected to complete their application on the redirected page in order to be be considered for the recruitment process.
Who We Are :
- Dimagi was born from the belief that there's a better way to provide services to those in need. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, helps our customers build mobile apps that improve the quality and efficiency of services in the most remote corners of the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first.
- We work on a broad range of international development issues, including strengthening community health programs, electronic medical records, care coordination, and remote data collection with projects based in over 50 countries including Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, Senegal, Mexico, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Kenya, Afghanistan and the United States. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise with offices around the world, a B Corp, and certified Benefit Corporation, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
- Dimagi is looking for an Android Developer to join our team. We offer a fun and stimulating environment, a chance to see the world, and the opportunity to make a difference in places that need it the most. All of our developers have the option to spend at least a few weeks each year traveling to field sites around the world, implementing projects and interacting with end-users. At Dimagi, you can have a significant impact by creating great software.
Who You Are :
- Dimagi is seeking a full-time Android Developer to join our tech team. The development team is responsible for growing and maintaining Dimagi's Android-based mobile tool, CommCare. Since Dimagi works on many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, CommCare is written as a platform. That means we don- t often build custom code for specific projects. Our developers are mostly engaged in architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level.
- Our small team of developers tends to have their hands in several pieces of the platform, while simultaneously finding certain areas to focus on more closely over time.
- This position is ideal for someone who enjoys the collaborative atmosphere of a small organization, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role include :
- Helping to grow a mature open-source Android product base
- Building quality software with a strong focus on usability by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc.)
- Cross-functional team collaboration to design, define and ship new features
- Testing application performance and bug-fixing
- Helping to support infrastructures for testing, QA, and release management
- Continuous evaluation, discovery, and implementation of new technologies to maximize the efficiency of development
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in android development
- Experience in Java, Python
- Debugging and analysis skills
- Familiarity with using a version control system to facilitate collaborative work
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with colleagues across the globe
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Authorized to work in the country for which you are applying
Bonus Points :
- Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and best practices for SDLC
- Android UX/UI skills
- Desire to work in the social impact sector
- The salary range for this position is INR 2,014,183 to INR 2,158,054
Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff's well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below :
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Complimentary lunch in the office