HR at Dimagi India
Views:123 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Dimagi - Associate Director - Engineering - Project Management (7-12 yrs)
Role : Associate Director of Engineering - India
About Us :
Dimagi's innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 30 countries. We are a small, driven, diverse, dedicated team and we love what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order).
Do you share in these values?
Do you want to gain exposure to the workings of a global organization?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
Who You Are :
Dimagi is looking for an exceptional engineering manager to join our Delhi Team. This role will involve managing deliverables, timelines, and execution for technical features.
- As an associate director you are also an individual who thrives in enabling the growth of others and is excited about processes and change that can lead to improvements that allow Dimagi to deliver impact around the world.
- The ideal candidate prefers small organizations to large ones, multi-tasking to single project assignments, and significant interaction with multiple types of roles within Dimagi.
- We view our culture as one of our great assets, and culture fit is as important to us as technical expertise. We are specifically looking for an engineering manager to:
- Manage a team of engineers to enable their potential and help shape the growth of the team while also ensuring timely execution of team deliverables and helping to guide their resourcing
- Take project management ownership of technical work streams of major enterprise projects, including proactively ensuring understanding of technical requirements and timelines, management of technical efforts, and proactive communication of status updates and information gaps.
- Work with the Chief Engineering Officer to uncover and improve team pain points with workflows and processes in a data driven manner
- Work with our global services team to make resourcing decisions about where to apply engineering time based on project priority and deadlines
- Communication with our global services team to promote understanding of technical capabilities and limitations, timelines, and what expectations to set externally, as well as to engage in collaborative solutioning to address current challenges and mitigate risks
- Coordinate between engineers and requirements owners to manage and be accountable for technical project deliverables. This includes management of our infrastructure stream on Dimagi's largest project.
- Lead management of our 3rd party development partners to implement project features, guiding the technical process and working with the project team from scoping to delivery
Skills & Requirements :
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or technology
- 7+ years of experience in engineering, including 2+ years with direct management experience and 3+ year of project management
- Direct experience in working in a tech company on software roll-outs
- Direct management experience. Leadership experience on large, multi-person technical projects
- Direct technical experience with infrastructure, including managing cloud services providers and determining infrastructure requirements
- Project management experience. Planning and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow through on project-based work
- Must be eligible to work in Delhi, India
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written. Able to communicate clear deliverables
- Able to drive technical strategic conversations with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage the priority of workstreams with multiple stakeholders and timelines.
- Demonstrated initiative and comfort with unstructured problems in a diverse environment
- Self-motivated team player, with proven capabilities to lead a project independently
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization and manage conflicts in a constructive and solution-oriented manner
- Strong, innovative and creative problem solver with good analytical capability
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project tracks and work streams
- Excellent time management and efficient working practices
- Quick learner, collaborative, and client-oriented
- Passionate about making an impact by serving the under-served
- Able to adopt quickly the use of Dimagi systems and tools e.g. Google Calendar, Google Docs, Dropbox, Skype, WhatsApp
- Fluent in oral and written English
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Fluency in Hindi is strongly desired
- Fluency in other Indian languages is also an asset
- Experience working in an international team
- Experience working with the Indian government
- Experience managing third party technical vendors
Other Job Perks :
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two staff members- takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
- Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
- Trust and flexibility. We conduct extensive interviews to make sure we only hire the best. From the moment you join, you will not only take on significant responsibility, you will also be trusted to flexibly manage your hours and balance office time with working from home.
- Parental leave
- If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.