AVP Recruitment at SquareRoot
Views:1933 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:147
DevOps Head - Cloud Platform (10-15 yrs)
Engineering Manager - Infrastructure & Security (DevOps)
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE in Computer Science /IT or Masters in related field
Experience : 10+ years
- Must be from Product Companies and have been working on high Scale of Traffic
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Implement secure, scalable and automated infrastructure architectures on Public Cloud Platforms (AWS/GCP, etc.).
- Primary point responsible for the overall operability, resiliency, performance, and capacity of owned production services.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leads to execute strategic changes in the Infrastructure based on the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with other SRE- s, L2/Support and Developers in the deployment and scaling of new product features to facilitate rapid iteration and massive growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor production applications in a large-scale Linux environment.
- Managing small teams of junior DevOps/SRE members and mentoring them.
Mandatory Skill Set :
- Proven experience in Cloud Platforms - AWS (preferred)/GCP.
- Proven experience in Linux systems administration.
- Proven production service trouble-shooting skills that span applications, systems and network.
- Strong experience in web application concepts and standards.
- Demonstrated programming skills in any of Ruby/Python/Java, etc.
- Solid understanding of operational principles, such as capacity planning, monitoring and incident handling.
- Very comfortable working in an agile DevOps oriented capacity, alongside Development partners.
- Knowledge in Infrastructure as Code: Ansible/Chef/Salt, Terraform, etc.
- Understanding of Web Frameworks: Rails/Sinatra/Django/Spring etc.
- Strong experience in Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL (Hosted and RDS/CloudSQL), NoSQL(Redis, MongoDB, Riak)
Should have exposure to :
- Version Control : Git, SVN.
- Appservers: Passenger (Nginx, Apache)/Puma/Unicorn/mod_wsgi/JBoss.
- Load Balancers: Nginx/HAProxy/F5 BigIP.
- Collaboration & ALM: Trello/TargetProcess/Target Process/Jira.
- Build Tools: Rake/Paver/Ant.
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins/ThoughtWorks GoCD.
- Monitoring & Metrics Tools: Nagios/Zabbix/SaaS monitoring tools like Scout/Datadog.
- APM: NewRelic/Dynatrace/HoneyBadger.
- Log Management: Sumologic/Kibana/Splunk/ELK.
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes/Mesos/Docker Swarm.
- Cloud Networking: VPC, Calico/Flannel/etc.
- OS: RHEL/Debian and its derivatives. Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, etc