IT Development Manager at SHL.com
Views:115 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
DevOps Engineer - Python/Perl/Ansible (5-12 yrs)
- Do you enjoy working to create a modern DevOps practice that is capable of delivering scalable applications across multiple development teams? Do you excel in architecting and building robust, fault tolerant and fully automated development platforms? SHL is seeking a DevOps Engineer who will be crucial in shaping and delivering future platforms, and installing a culture of DevOps and best practices.
- SHL fosters a collaborative and supportive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have opportunities to grow their professional careers. The ideal candidate will have strong engineering and DevOps background. And will have worked as DevOps engineer on large complex and environments.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will provide support to the DevOps Lead and the Head of DevOps to build and drive DevOps best practices. Key to success is having the ability to work both strategically and hands-on, with a desire to find the best solution.
Job Responsibilities :
- Work with the development and DevOps teams to implement the strategic DevOps vision and priorities.
- Day to day management of a large cloud estate with complex infrastructure across the world.
- Work with the DevOps Lead, Head of DevOps to build the key infrastructure elements for the new platform transformation.
- Collaborate effectively with Dev, Operational, QA and Support teams to improve delivery performance.
- Create the tools to empower and enable Dev teams to take on greater operational responsibilities through improving their in-team DevOps capabilities.
- Implement best practices and strive for consistency across the development teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in at least one major programming language, such as Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Extensive experience working in an agile delivery context.
- Extensive experience of working with public cloud technologies, primarily AWS.
- Experience in automating infrastructure using a recognised toolset such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
- Have experience of Continuous Delivery and relevant tools and approaches.
- Demonstrable experience and good working knowledge of cyber security.
- Excellent overall knowledge of technology and technology trends within Open Source, cloud, automation and modern software delivery tools, techniques and technologies.
- Driven, confident, pragmatic, ambitious and highly professional.
- Metrics and Monitoring; able to determine appropriate metrics and triggers.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
Our Ideal Candidate Also Has:
Critical/Essential Competencies :
- Deciding & initiating action - Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Leading & supervising - Provides others with a clear direction. Sets appropriate standards of behaviour. Motivates and empowers others. Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
- Adhering to principles & values - Upholds ethics and values. Demonstrates integrity. Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Persuading & influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others.
- Presenting & communicating information - Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Applying expertise & technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives.
- Formulating strategies & concepts - Works strategically to realise organisational goals. Sets and develops strategies. Identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation's future potential. Takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation.
- Adapting & responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
At SHL, the global leader in talent innovation, we help companies transform productivity through deeper people insight. Powering the future of business, our data and assessment tools are proven to drive stronger, more sustainable business outcomes.
About Talent Central Product
Talent Central is our world-class talent assessment portal that provides you with powerful insights on your people through engaging user experience. Talent Central delivers our talent assessment data through a single, powerful access point and drives improved business performance outcomes through the more efficient decision making and talent program management.
What SHL Can Offer You:
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
- The ability to engage, influence, and impact a broad array of the world's leading executives.