Deployment Support Engineer - Storage Configuration/Administration (2-6 yrs)
- The technical planning and remote Deployment support of scheduled remote deployment activities to include:
2. hardware and software upgrades
5. Field Change Order updates
- Professional communications with customers and service partners when providing remote support of field activities.
- Rebooting / servicing a live in production storage array.
- Ensuring all field activities are properly logged and documented at the completion of each activity.
- Interfacing with internal and next level teams on problem definition and escalations as needed.
- Meticulously following all documented field activity processes and procedures.
- Interfacing with the service planning team and customers as needed during the field activity planning and scheduling process.
- Meeting Customer Satisfaction goals.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Mandatory 2 to 5 years of experience in enterprise products like HPE, IBM, EMC storage, VMware, Windows 2008/2012, RHEL, SLES
2. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and possess excellent spoken and written communications skills.
3. This candidate must have a strong commitment to exceptional customer service; and a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation.
4. This position requires a general knowledge of Linux systems, Enterprise Storage, Storage Area Networks, Fiber Channel and Fabric switches.
5. Having a networking, clustering, or database background will be considered a plus for any candidate.
6. This candidate must be a team player and willing to work scheduled shifts as needed.
Education: BS CS/EE is an advantage but a demonstrable track record of success in similar roles is more important than specific education credentials.