Manager - Talent Acquisition at Delhivery
Views:1975 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Delhivery - Principal Data Scientist - Machine Learning (7-12 yrs)
About the Company:
Delhivery is India's leading e-commerce fulfillment company. Our vision is to create outstanding consumer experiences by enabling sellers and consumers to connect faster.
Today, Delhivery provides an array of products and services for online businesses - including online channel integration services, sourcing, catalogue management, inventory management, multi-city fulfillment, express shipping, same day delivery services, reverse logistics, offline payment collection and processing, customer support, social media engagement and channel analytics.
Delhivery handles over 3 million monthly transactions for over 1600+ e-retailers, 70,000+ merchants and 200+ offline retailers across 200+ cities. We provide a modular set of e-commerce technologies and logistics solutions to over 70,000 sellers. We reach over 1, 00,000 customers every day across India i.e. 1 customer approximately every second.
Our operational capabilities are designed to meet the needs of any business looking to go online. We provide sellers a modular suite of e-commerce technologies coupled with pan-India logistics operations, helping them achieve fast, reliable and flexible customer fulfillment.
Our proprietary commerce technologies toolkit provides sellers a way to develop and manage their entire online channel - including setting up a web-store and order management system, catalogue management, studio services, integration with marketplaces, managing payments, SEO/SEM, selling on social media platforms, user verification and fraud detection, inventory management. All our IT is built in-house and is completely customized to the unique needs of each of our clients.
Build the Best
Delhivery isinnovating extensively in its growing portfolio of commerce technologies while expanding its logistics infrastructure, fulfilment and transport services. You will be challenged with: scaling accordingly, technical innovation, developing new components, and seamless implementations allowing for zero downtime.
As a Principal Data Scientist you will work with and lead a team of Data Scientists who are working on machine learning problems that form the brain of Delhivery's business. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, algorithms, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
Some of the interesting problems we are working on are: Address Resolution for scruffy, noisy address, Disambiguating/ Resolving Product Description for eCommerce, Optimizing delivery routes and networks for time, cost and other parameters, Predicting consumer behaviours etc.
- Design systems and services that fulfil Delhivery's business requirements.
- Breakdown business problems by working closely with Product Team and Leadership Management Team.
- Guide and work closely with Data Science Team.
- Optimize Delhivery operations by implementing data science in solving complex business problems. Run on field experiments and POCs to validate the solution.
How we get things done:
- Work closely with PM Team to understand and analyse requirements.
- Identify algorithms and machine learning techniques that should be applied to derive solution for identified business problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Logistics, BD, Sales, Marketing, Security, Customer Service, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ph.D/M.Tech/M.S in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics from Tier-1 educational institute.
Work Experience: 8-12 Years
Machine Learning Techniques:
- Supervised Learning.
- Unsupervised Learning.
- Semi-Supervised Learning
- Machine learning paradigms:
- Decision Trees
- Support Vector Machines.
- Neural Networks
- Ensemble Methods
- Bayesian Approach
- Logistic Regression
- Random Forests
- Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
- Experience with Big Data tools Spark, Hadoop.
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python.
- Experience with NoSQL / graph databases: Neo4J, MongoDB and Google Big Query.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.