HR Associate at Decision Point
Views:442 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Decision Point - Manager - Data Engineering/Business Intelligence Development (6-8 yrs)
About the Company :
- Decision Point is a fast-growing Consumer Products Analytics & Consulting Company, with business partners featuring in global fortune 500 list.
- We specialize in applying math to solve complex business problems in CPG space.
- DP assures you to provide a 360degree learning platform which will be steepest in the industry, you will develop in-depth know-how of CPG/FMCG business, learn the application of analytics and big data technologies and traits of management consulting.
- DP offers an entrepreneurial environment and exposure to advanced analytics in the domain of sales and marketing.
- The team is very young, energetic and highly skilled.
- Our team consists of talented business consultants, data scientists and engineers who are passionate about implementing analytics in real world business problems.
- A career at DP is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Lead Data Engineering and Business Intelligence development team in developing solutions.
- Lead the design for database and data pipeline/ETL using existing and emerging technologies and tools.
- Lead the reporting and dashboarding solutions using innovative packaged and custom-built tools like chatbots etc.
- Drive the team to develop operationally efficient analytic solutions.
- Manage multiple teams and projects.
- Define standards, methodologies for Data Management environment.
- Design and build data structures on RDBMS like SQLServer, Mysql as well as MPP platforms like SPARK, BigQuery to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability.
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Nifi to induct data from various systems as well as existing solutions like SSIS, knime etc.
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve efficiency.
- Lead/Work with many global clients, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Lead and mentor people and plan their career growth and focus on creating a cohesive team environment.
An ideal candidate will be/have :
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Previous involvement with creating ETL pipelines and BI solutions
- Working knowledge of BI tools like Power BI tableau etc
- Ability to write complex queries and design databases
- Strong coding skills in a language such as Python
- Experience with at-least one Cloud platform of the following Azure, AWS, GCP
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Project Management skills
- Team Management skills
Key reasons to Join Decision Point :
- Development as a Subject Matter Expert in FMCG sales & marketing analytics domain, working directly with one of the top 5 global FMCG brands.
- Work extensively with clients/ direct client interaction
- There will be direct client interaction which will fasten your learning process and will enable you to master traits of strategy consulting i.e. from understanding business objective to analyzing data in a methodical way culminating with final output to be delivered to client.
- Leave the lasting Impact on Business - You will also get to witness the impact of implementing of your recommendations/ strategies as you will be working very closely with clients on a day-today basis.
- FastTrack Career Growth - DP provides you to choose your own career path
- We have a Fast-track career path for people who love challenges, are ambitious and wants to push their limits.
- This means high reward, challenging role where candidate can get promoted every year with handsome raises.
- Young and dynamic culture - the average age here is about 25 years.
- There is a lot of energy flowing all the time.
- We work hard and party harder.
- Our work environment is very flexible, and we understand your work-life balance.
- We take off to the mountains or beaches to recoup at least once a year and ensure we get together at the end of each quarter.