HR at INSIGHT BUSINESS MACHINES PVT
Views:466 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
DataBase Administrator - Data Modeling (2-10 yrs)
Job Description :
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- This is a hands-on position requiring strong technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Managing and monitoring SQL Server databases, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Skills and Qualifications :
- 3+ years MS SQL DBA experience required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory & Knowledge of Postgres, will be of an added benefit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, - get-it-done- personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.