Data Warehouse Engineer - Business Intelligence (4-6 yrs)
Basic Function :
The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding cross functional requirements, facilitate business process improvements using methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications for Datasource Consulting / EXL clients. Manage the requirement gathering process through elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements end-to-end.
The primary role will be developing and designing Use Cases and workflows, reviewing data model, design business requirement document, develop logical and physical data models to support the data mart and data warehouse. He should develop project plan and manage project scope, handle change management and change request.
Essential Functions :
- Create business use case, functional FRS and technical specifications.
- Prepare Business Requirement Documents BRD's after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype, Use Cases, UML diagrams for overall system.
- Interact with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation
- Define the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Performed various tests such as positive, negative to check business functionality manually.
- Establish traceability matrix to trace completeness of requirements in different SDLC stages.
- Possess good knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Should be strong in Data Warehouse concepts and writing SQLs.
Primary Internal Interactions :
- Interact with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation.
- Interface with internal customers.
- Facilitate JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Report and analyze all application defects, user issues and resolution status to the higher manager.
Primary External Interactions :
- Ability to manage/influence users, vendors and co-ordinate with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Facilitate JAD and JRP session with executives and project managers, prepared workshop materials and organize workshop activities.
- Organizational Relationships
Reports To : Lead / Manager
Supervises : NA
Technical Skills - 4-6 years of experience in business system analysis.
- Experience in developing process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of ETL, fundamentals in analytical data and reporting.
- Good knowledge of SQL and databases, should be able to run basic queries for analysis.
- Data Warehouse cocepts
- Knowledge on data.
Process Specific Skills :
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Client Management
Soft skills (Desired) :
- Experience working with multi-divisional business communities to leverage information across the enterprise to improve business effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
Soft Skills (Minimum) :
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Education Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree
- Work Experience Requirements
- 4+ years of Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence work experience required
Annexures : Acknowledgement (acknowledge that the information contained in this document is factual and complete)
Candidate Supervisor/Manager Date