Senior Consultant Recruitment at Randstad
Views:343 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Data Scientist - Spark/MapReduce/Hive (2-5 yrs)
Job description :
This a job opportunity with one of our best clients who is leading the industry with High power AI & ML solutions that Simplify Everyday Data to Make Better Business Decisions.
Why work with them?
- They create an environment that breeds independent thought and expression
- Failures are respected.
- Employees - professional development and career growth are taken care of.
A) Education : Bachelor or Masters in Engineering / Science / Mathematics / Economics / Physics or an equivalent degree from an institution of repute.
B) Experience (Years) : 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in building data science solutions for solving business problems
Job Responsibilities :
- Relate to business problems and understand business data
- Demonstrate strong skills in data preprocessing and data wrangling
- Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Be capable to analyze a high volume of data and derive insights, correlations
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant to building analytic systems
- Implement statistical and machine learning models and evaluate the outcome
- Visualize data and present insights to business
- Work in iterative processes with the client or team and validate findings
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a coherent manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Follow agile practices and complete the tasks allocated as planned
- Be adept in timely communication on work progress
Technical Skills :
A) Must have :
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Experience in practical data science solutions delivery
- Experience in programming languages like C/C++/Java/Python.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and
- Knowledge and experience in Scrum framework/ Agile methodology
B) Desirable to have :
- Familiarity with batch processing technologies like Spark, MapReduce and Pig
- Familiarity with SQL technologies like Hive, Drill and Impala
- Familiarity with OLAP NoSQL databases like HBase, Neo4J and MongoDB
- Familiarity with enterprises big data distribution platforms like Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR